Recs for Southern California (around Orange County)

Reynolds Woodcock

17 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

any restaurant recs for buena park/huntington beach? i haven't found anything other than korean that i'm excited about.

Buena Park is a shithole, but great for picking up cheap whores along Beach Blvd.  Expect burning during urination 48 hrs. later. 

HB is the Florida of California.  

8 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Buena Park is a shithole, but great for picking up cheap whores along Beach Blvd.  Expect burning during urination 48 hrs. later. 

HB is the Florida of California.  

Yea.  Fuck both of those places.  NB and Laguna aren't too far from HB.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Anything to do in Lake Forest?  Will be there on business... I see some nice hiking trails.

There's Cook's Corner at the intersection of Santiago Canyon and Live Oak Canyon, which isn't far from Lake Forest.  It's a biker bar, but not the 1% type -- mostly average people who just like to ride Harleys and other motorcycles.  It's a rustic bar/restaurant with a laid back atmosphere that can get crowded, esp. on weekends and very esp. on weekends when the sun is shining.  Not a bad place to hang out on a sunny SoCal afternoon and have a couple beers.  I would go on off hours and during the week if possible.

27 minutes ago, texasdago said:

My gut tells me the record player will stop playing when I walk in... anyway, I would be there midweek.

It's really not a scary place, though they did have a shooting there last year.  But it's not a 1% hangout AFAIK.

And yes, there is plenty of hiking in the hills and mountains just east of Lake Forest.  

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's really not a scary place, though they did have a shooting there last year.  But it's not a 1% hangout AFAIK.

And yes, there is plenty of hiking in the hills and mountains just east of Lake Forest.  

Yeah, I'm not a 1%er so we're good... if I'm feeling spirited, maybe I'll just make my way to the coast