Four dead in O-hi-o

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Nick Saban was a student at Kent St at the time. I just assume he's to blame for the whole thing.

as was Chrissy Hynde and Gerald Casale (Bassist in Devo).

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, yoladu said:

3 of the 4 that died were shot from more than a 300 feet away (a football field)

So Saban was involved?  

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Chrissy Hynde ?  I didn't think she was that old.

Born in '51. Wiki (because I didn't know how old she was either) says one of her friend's boyfriends was a victim. It's Wiki, but the source is listed as her autobiography, Reckless, so take that for what it's worth.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Born in '51. Wiki (because I didn't know how old she was either) says one of her friend's boyfriends was a victim. It's Wiki, but the source is listed as her autobiography, Reckless, so take that for what it's worth.

Damn would have figured her for mid to late  70's college.  She was married to Ray Davies (The Kinks) I thought ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Shortly after the Kent State shootings, anti-war protesters announced that they would hold a rally near NY city hall to commemorate the four dead students. Peter Brennan decided to organize a counter-rally of construction workers to show support for the Nixon administration.[3] A transcription made of a White House tape recording dated May 5, 1971,[6][7] documents that the planning phase of the Hard Hat riot took place in the White House Oval Office. Charles Colson is heard successfully instigating several New York State AFL-CIO union leaders into organizing the attack against the student protesters.

At Nixon’s direction, the construction workers beat the hell out of the students as NYPD watched.

Ă—
Ă—