Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

47 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

most goals conceded in the league

radical idea

jan vertonghen

left spurs for benfica on a free

yes he's 33 and he's not vvd

but this is a "short term" situation (we hope)

rent him for a nice fair sum in the next window

benfica did a lot of business in the last window and are -25m overall so although vertonghen is playing for them, at 33, he is not crucial to their plans.

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

radical idea

jan vertonghen

left spurs for benfica on a free

yes he's 33 and he's not vvd

but this is a "short term" situation (we hope)

rent him for a nice fair sum in the next window

benfica did a lot of business in the last window and are -25m overall so although vertonghen is playing for them, at 33, he is not crucial to their plans.

If he fit our metrics I think we would have lined him up as a replacement for Lovren. 

Phillips didn't put a foot wrong but it was a bit of a softball to be going against the Antonio-less West Ham. No complaints, obviously, but I'm not sure he will be in the lineup against City, who are a completely different assignment. At the same time, you can't rely on Matip being fit so who knows.

I've watched that Shaqiri dime about ten thousand times. Just an unbelievable ball by a player who we're lucky to still be able to bring in off the bench. He tends to play in the midfield or out wide as a starter but he seems to be at his best for us when he gets to pull the strings a bit more. Speaks to his intelligence that he can come into a game as a sub and pick the lock that we've been trying to figure out for 75+ minutes.

Nice to be top of the table again. The Ev must've enjoyed it for the week or so they were there.

20 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well, we won them so....I'm not an arrogant ass that's about to kill us. We were all doom and gloom. If I said something regarding anything going forward, then your pic would be appropriate.

It's called "Weauxfing the Soccer Gods".

bbc gossip:

Liverpool are interested in Ajax defender Perr Schuurs. The 20-year-old Dutchman was on trial at Anfield three years ago

10 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

In the last 10 league matches in which Klopp’s men have fallen behind at Anfield, they have rallied to win all 10. No wonder he describes them as “mentality monsters”.
What an absolutely insane statistic. 

It's not long ago when a 2-0 lead meant we were dropping points.