Shaggy fantasy hoops 2021

shadow_operative

Apologies to this league, I've been a shit league member this year, but it has just found itself way below family, work, home reno, and stock trading this year. Probably my last season anyways, so will not firesale as to not cause turmoil. If anyone watching from the sideline wants to take over the team they can ride free the rest of the way on my entry (or rather BO's lol) and prepare a team for next season. PM me if you're interested

I dont think I ever paid my entry. What was the amount? Is it those same instructions on our league home?

Also - I just realized this this morning (to my chagrin) - but for anyone still battling for playoffs - it is top 4 records overall - not top 2 from each division. 

Edited by ztejas

i really hate this revelation that we can't trade players who are on IR. i have a guy coming off the IR, and i'd like to make a 2-for-1 trade to bring him back into my lineup and i can't even make an offer without first dropping someone. i do not have anyone worth dropping. very sloppy and stupid from ESPN. 

7DDE4384-4926-4BA5-8D70-FDBF6FE56A06.png

my three lowest rostered players:

Kevin Porter Jr

Robert Williams III

Jusuf Nurkic

i am not trying to drop one of those guys so that my direct competition can then use them against me in the playoffs. i've already done that 2-3 times recently and i'm frankly tired of it. super weak that i can't even propose an offer as long as someone is on my IR but healthy, and that i wasn't able to make any offers involving the three guys who all recently came off IR for me, while they were on IR.  

if anyone sees two of my players that they like then feel free to send me a 2-for-1 offer, and maybe we can figure something out.

Edited by shadow_operative

this league is my first experience doing keepers, so i have zero references for how it may be done better/worse. i will say though that in talking about turning the shaggy baseball league into a keeper league, it's been decided that if we do go in that direction that we will *not* be using the same rules we are here in this league, which imo is a good thing. i mean the guy who is second place in this league essentially just went and added Drummond and Ibaka off the FA pile right before the playoffs. that's not exactly cool in my eyes. i'd definitely like to discuss changing some of the keeper rules in the offseason.

Edited by shadow_operative

22 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

this league is my first experience doing keepers, so i have zero references for how it may be done better/worse. i will say though that in talking about turning the shaggy baseball league into a keeper league, it's been decided that if we do go in that direction that we will *not* be using the same rules we are here in this league, which imo is a good thing. i mean the guy who is second place in this league essentially just went and added Drummond and Ibaka off the FA pile right before the playoffs. that's not exactly cool in my eyes. i'd definitely like to discuss changing some of the keeper rules in the offseason.

wtf are you talking about? I traded 2 guys to VMware (RexWilson) for 2 of his. How is that essentially FA? Drummond was an unknown outcome I was willing to gamble on for LaMelo who's out for the season but a great stash and keep next year. Also we swapped THJ for Ibaka. Ibaka's is maybe? better than THJ  but his back is busted and there's no telling when he gets back. THJ can go for 20 any and every night. 

One team in win now mode and one planning for the future. That's honestly the beauty of keepers. If you've got no shot this year build for the future. 

normally when one of your best players gets hurt that also hurts your team. instead you swapped a guy who's out of the year + a JAG for a perennial top 5-10 overall player in this league + Ibaka, two weeks before the playoffs start. as someone who's competing with you, i fail to see the beauty in that. i've been doing fantasy sports since 1995, and i've seen a lot of stuff, but i've never seen anything like that. i'm definitely voting to change those rules next year. 

You act like I fleeced him or something. People value keepers at certain positions and I had arguably the only PG not named Luka or Harden that is a TD threat nightly. He’s going to get 35 minutes a night next year and have an offseason to get stronger and smarter. His passing is already at an elite level.

I tried trading you too for some rebounding help. I thought those were fair trades. I also had a few other offers tossed around but couldn’t make them work. Trades are available for everyone just like the waiver wire. Me I’ve never had too much luck with FA so I build through the draft and trades. I knew I would want to trade Melo when I drafted him. Just sat on him until he blossomed

I received exactly one offer after I posted I was planning for next year, and I took it.

You view this as unfair because you are still in the hunt. Drummond no longer had value to me. He hadn't played in weeks. I am not making the playoffs. And I could not keep him.

Ibaka for a thj was whatever. Ibaka was out, I am a Mavs fan so figured why not another guy I have a rooting interest for.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Looks like 2 more weeks. Playoffs start Apr 19th. 

Playoff dream fading but not dead yet, dammit.

i see that in the schedule, but iirc we always use that last week of the regular season as round one of the playoffs. the commish manually sets the matchups so that 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. but maybe i'm thinking of our baseball league? can't remember.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i see that in the schedule, but iirc we always use that last week of the regular season as round one of the playoffs. the commish manually sets the matchups so that 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. but maybe i'm thinking of our baseball league? can't remember.

oh damn, you are right.  good catch.

just to clarify the playoff thing: divisions are meaningless.  top two records at the end of the regular season are 1 and 2 seed.  then the next 4 teams are seeded 3-6 and play in a one week "wild card" round before the playoffs.  highest remaining seed from the WC round plays the 2 seed, lowest plays the 1 seed.

24 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

3 will play 6 and 4 will play 5 starting tomorrow.

Good stuff.

I'll be taking Ant Edwards in the 11th round next year. It's on after that, motherfuckers.

Also - I still owe you my entry fee?

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Good stuff.

I'll be taking Ant Edwards in the 11th round next year. It's on after that, motherfuckers.

Also - I still owe you my entry fee?

re: entry fees, it's easier for us to just wait until the end of the season and then individually venmo our entry fees to the winners, since we don't know who all will be cashing out until then. 

man, one of these matchups is a total toss up that's gonna come down to the very end tonight. shit is gonna be close. as for the other matchup...kinda hard to compete when Zion is left on the IR and a retired player is still in your starting lineup. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886gjkfyaj7ni58ac26v3

i really doubt it would have mattered anyway. congrats to RL, and good luck to the other two competitors. shit is gonna be tight!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

holy shit what a sweat that was. that's the closest playoff matchup i ever recall having in this league. GG to Dame's Dames. that was a ridiculously close matchup. 

also, congrats to BO. looks like you and RL had a pretty close matchup as well. i believe y'all's matchup was still up in the air as of earlier today. crazy shit. these are four very good teams, and this semifinal round was about as tight as it could have been. congrats to everyone who made it this far. may all teams stay healthy, and may the best team(s) win. good luck guys. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

holy shit what a sweat that was. that's the closest playoff matchup i ever recall having in this league. GG to Dame's Dames. that was a ridiculously close matchup. 

also, congrats to BO. looks like you and RL had a pretty close matchup as well. i believe y'all's matchup was still up in the air as of earlier today. crazy shit. these are four very good teams, and this semifinal round was about as tight as it could have been. congrats to everyone who made it this far. may all teams stay healthy, and may the best team(s) win. good luck guys. 

looking forward to our battle.  pretty sure i've never won this before.

• Hook 'Em 1