Shaggy fantasy hoops 2021

shadow_operative

Brandon Ingram - 10th round - Baboontyme (Baboon's Goons)

Michael Porter Jr - 4th - Durdy (Durdy)

KPJ - 9th - Durdy (Durdy)

Sabonis - 4th  - Derka (Cool Lester Smooth?)

J Randle - 6th - Derka (Cool Lester Smooth)

KD - 4th - Rex Wilson (30 Day Risk Free Ergatta)

Dejounte Murray - 7th - Timbo52 (I'M RICK JAMES BITCH)

Ja - 5th - Timbo52 (I'M RICK JAMES BITCH)

Jonas Valencunias - 4th - ztejas (LiAngelo's Rap Sheet?)

Anthony Edwards - 11th - ztejas (LiAngelo's Rap Sheet?)

Bam Adebayo - 5th - BigOrange (Trade Request)

SGA - 9th - BigOrange (Trade Request)

Trae Young - 2nd - Radical Larry (Radical Larry)

Richaun Holmes - 10th - Radical Larry (Radical Larry)

Jay Tatum - 2nd - BallamaticBevo (Ballamatic Bevo)

DeAaron Fox - 3rd - BallamaticBevo (Ballamatic Bevo)

What round is KPJ? Did not see him on the draft board that ztejas posted. 

Edit - still missing keepers for 1 team. I think it's UT Intramurals Flying Boat if my deduction skills are on point. Let me know if they're not. 

@TheFlyingBoat

Edited by Baboontyme

still can't believe that nobody last year was interested in all of the trade offers i sent involving FVV. he was like a 9th or 10th round keeper for me iirc, but i wasn't going to keep him over Randle and Sabonis, so i tried to trade him. nobody wanted him. blew me away then, and i'm being reminded of it now as he's about to be a top ~20 pick. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

still can't believe that nobody last year was interested in all of the trade offers i sent involving FVV. he was like a 9th or 10th round keeper for me iirc, but i wasn't going to keep him over Randle and Sabonis, so i tried to trade him. nobody wanted him. blew me away then, and i'm being reminded of it now as he's about to be a top ~20 pick. 

wait, i'm just now remembering that we did end up trading him. he wasn't a keeper? that's surprising. 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

Someone who knows something grade the draft please. This exercise always makes for fun. 

Not gonna do a whole overview but this is a tough league. There were quite a few hammer keepers and mid to late we kept poaching guys off of each other's lists. 

Good news is you can do a lot of work in free agency/on the waiver. My team was hot garbo last year until I picked up 2-3 guys and had some guys I drafted finally turn it on and ended up making the playoffs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you go first. 

Ok. Standard disclaimer that I've never played Fantasy hoops. 

Manage My Load - B+

UT Intramurals - C+

Rick James Bitch - A-

Ballamatic Bevo - B

30 Day Risk - A

LiAngelo - B-

Baboon - D+

Durdy - C

Radical Larry - C+

Omar Coming - C-

• Hook 'Em 1

fellas and laydees my B on the keeper picking fiasco from my end. I was in the closet packing for a trip whilst on mobile fucking Jack Bauering against the 60 second shot clock trying to find someone who wasn't a keeper. Shit was hella stressful for no reason. I think we got a year to figure out if ESPN is the right jam for our league deets or if we should find a platform that allows us to pre load keepers, or sadly ditch them altogether. 

Novice question - if I'm playing against another team and we're competing for the week on points, rebounds, etc - how does it work if I have a player with 4 games that week and he has a player who only has 3? Do we need to monitor how many games our players have each week and adjust lineups accordingly?

38 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Novice question - if I'm playing against another team and we're competing for the week on points, rebounds, etc - how does it work if I have a player with 4 games that week and he has a player who only has 3? Do we need to monitor how many games our players have each week and adjust lineups accordingly?

there's no limits on games played, and scheduling will definitely affect some of your matchups. i remember 2-3 seasons ago when the Celtics played like 61 games by the all star break or something. anyone who was relying on Celtics players down the stretch was only getting them 3x a week, every week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

It's just totals. And you have to set your lineup for every day of the season. You don't play 10 guys for the entire week. 

When you're streaming guys off the waiver/FA it can help to see how many upcoming games they have. Say a guy has 3 games in the last 5 days of the week - and you're in a tight matchup - you can pick him up after the first 2 days to try and cram in as many games as you can. 

Because of this you are limited to a certain amount of acquisitions every week. (6 I think?)

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. So is the goal to have all of your lineup spots filled pretty much every night? I mean I know it won't be possible on some days but for example I had curry and green last night, should I be picking up someone off the wire to plug in tonight since they're off? Seems like the 6 moves are going to necessitate that you will have some holes on some nights, no? Just trying to figure out what the proper balance is before I blow a matchup due to stupid management which assuredly will happen organically on its own. Don't need to start the year with two strikes already. 

Edited by Baboontyme

39 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Thanks guys. So is the goal to have all of your lineup spots filled pretty much every night? I mean I know it won't be possible on some days but for example I had curry and green last night, should I be picking up someone off the wire to plug in tonight since they're off? Seems like the 6 moves are going to necessitate that you will have some holes on some nights, no? Just trying to figure out what the proper balance is before I blow a matchup due to stupid management which assuredly will happen organically on its own. Don't need to start the year with two strikes already. 

you won't have a full roster most nights, so if you have guys who you don't mind dropping then you can do it to fill a hole if you need to. there will be plenty of players who at one point another will be owned by at least half the league this year. 

• Like 1

Thanks man. 

You know what I had a blast with last year and I can already tell is going to be more fun while doing this league? Single game parlays. Last night played Giannis over 29.5 + over 10.5 + Beard over 2.5 3 PM + over 7.5 dimes. Hit that one. We won't talk about the one I played on the late game. Tonight I have my main man Miles Bridges over 7.5 board + over 2.5 3 PM. +675 

Such a sucker bet but so fun when you're watching a game. 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

I'm not really going to tell you what to do because this is where most of the strategy lies but you aren't going to stick with you 13 draft picks very long (I mean shit I already dropped someone I drafted because I wasn't paying attention and only drafted one PF).

But - 8 players can easily outplay 10 players over a week so it isn't always about having the most games.

You'll get the feel for it. But it moves much quicker and requires much more attention than something like fantasy football (unless you want to dick around in last place).

• Like 1