Any networking gurus here?

immamac

I am having an issue that has me and my colo team completely stumped. I don't want to power down the switch because if it doesn't come back up there is no surly. 

Here's the issue:

Have an internal network on a subnet (192.) 

Have an external network on a subnet (75.)

Have a 24 port switch with no plans where everything is plugged in. 

3 servers are on both internal and external networks. 

5 servers are on internal only. 

I want to add 2 of the servers from the internal network only group to have external IPs. Have enough spares to go around. These 2 servers have 4 interfaces each with only 1 currently in use and none of the interfaces bonded. 

Vanilla centos 7 minimal with nothing special installed that would mess with networking. 

Add network cables to other interface plug them into switch. All the blinky lights and shows up properly in OS as plugged in. Not crossover cables. Checked 4 times. Firewall completely disabled. Ip tables clear. Routing tables clear every time I try a new config. 

Configure external IP on secondary interface. And make it the default route. Nothing in or out. 

Configure internal IP on secondary interface. Make it default route. Can connect to it and from it to other internal devices. 

Disable primary interface and secondary interface goes dark too. No response on it's IP and no visibility to other nodes on the same internal network. 

Turn primary back on. Disable secondary all is back to starting point. 

Try to assign external to primary. No worky. Try assigning 2 different externals to bother primary and secondary. Nothing. 

Revert to default. Works fine on internal network again (only primary interface up)

Swapped ports on server. Same story. 

Swapped ports on switch. Same story. 

Swapped cables and interfaces and new port altogether on switch. Same story. 

Tried server with both networks. Can use IPs and switch between public and private subnets just fine. 

Reinstall OS clean. Try all over again. Same story. 

WHAT THE FUCK

21 hours ago, immamac said:

I actually was a senior geek squad agent lol you can see it on my linkedin. 

It was the failover VIP for the load balancer spamming ARP because of the VRRP announcements.  

Damn... thanks for posting solution. This is the kind of crap I get myself into as a non-guru person in charge of the company network when I go to make a "quick" change on a Friday night and don't leave until Monday morning after having to put it back to where it was before I ruined my entire weekend.

50 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Damn... thanks for posting solution. This is the kind of crap I get myself into as a non-guru person in charge of the company network when I go to make a "quick" change on a Friday night and don't leave until Monday morning after having to put it back to where it was before I ruined my entire weekend.

I call it "No Change Friday."  I tell all my guys no major changes on Friday because you and I don't want to be up here all damn weekend.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I made the change MONDAY of last week this was my hail mary after a very long running ticket with the colo and their sr network engineer. 

My comment was in no way geared towards you.  Shit happens and can last a long time.  VRRP has bitten us before as well and it is a pain in the ass.  More of a general statement about not working on the weekends.  I for one really appreciate all you do to keep all the assholes around here happy.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

I call it "No Change Friday."  I tell all my guys no major changes on Friday because you and I don't want to be up here all damn weekend.

Yeah, I'm not comfortable with my skills to attempt most things on anything but a Friday. It scares me to death when I see people who obviously know their shit having issues they can't readily solve. I figure I'd better give myself a buffer to at least hope to put it back.

• Hook 'Em 1