Love Actually

wild_turkey

I've always liked it.  A girl dragged me to it and I knew nothing about it.  I ended up liking it so much I took a different girl to see it at the theater. 
It was always a guilty pleasure until it seems like about 5 or 10 years ago it finally felt okay to come out of the closet about being a grown ass man and genuinely liking it.  Either that or I just finally grew up a little and quit caring so much about what others think.

The not giving a fuck about what other people think is the best part about getting g older. I like what I like. IDGAF what you think.
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The not giving a fuck about what other people think is the best part about getting g older. I like what I like. IDGAF what you think.

Agreed. I love watching "Sense and Sensibility" and don't care what anyone says. Hell, give me any Brit period piece, I'm down.

LL storyline was part of the tragic storyline, along with Rickman/Emma. Her devotion to her brother, while admiral, clearly messed with her life. And that was the point.

The movie starts with the funeral of Liam’s wife leaving him to raise her son. And Colin’s brother cheated with his girlfriend. Their stories turned out for the better. Others did not.

This movie mixes genres pretty well - romance, comedy, tragedy. Its a good balance.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Agreed. I love watching "Sense and Sensibility" and don't care what anyone says. Hell, give me any Brit period piece, I'm down.

Okay, agree with the sentiment that people shouldn't feel guilty about liking cinematic pixie sticks, but don't compare a solid, and very funny, period piece like Sense and Sensibility with the likes of this.

Edited by tantric superman

It's cloying and awful - I'm embarrassed for many of the good actors in this thing and thank god my wife and kids never took to it (although if they stumble upon it they will watch.)
How you guys can stand this load of crap more than the one time you were forced to watch it is beyond me.

Maybe some of us are not dead on the inside?

I’m pretty sure CTJ hates everything and he even posted to say he likes this movie.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1