Jan. 6 Commission Season Thread - Feb. 23 0900 Senate Homeland Security Cmte

TheStoicPaisano

Tuesday, February 23:

Who: Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, with leaders from U.S. Capitol Police and D.C. Police (like acting MPD Chief Robert Contee), as well as the former sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate.

Focus: Tuesday will hone in on the role of leadership during the riots and the resulting security measures. U.S. Capitol police chief Steven Sund, and both the House sergeant-at-arms Paul Irving and Senate sergeant-at-arms Michael Stenger, resigned following the attacks. Now, the committee wants them to testify on their specific actions during the attack and what was, and wasn't, done – including decisions not to call for help from the National Guard.

Wednesday, February 24:

Who: House Judiciary Committee, domestic terrorism experts

Focus: This hearing will narrow in more on the warning signs and signals prior to the attack on the Capitol and hear more from experts.

Thursday, February 25:

Who: House Financial Services Committee

Focus: Titled "Dollars Against Democracy: Domestic Terrorist Financing in the Aftermath of the Insurrection," this hearing will look at the financial impact of the insurrection and at policing and security measures.

Also happening on Thursday: the acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman and acting House sergeant-at-arms Timothy Blodgett will testify before the House Appropriations Committee about the breakdown of security measures at the Capitol.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/fbi-criminal-complaint-capitol-riot-senate-capitol-riot-hearings-watch-live-schedule-jeffrey-smith-capitol-police-what-is-armed-insurrection/65-b296729c-76fa-4a42-9b64-6eff679aed00

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

• TheStoicPaisano changed the title to Jan. 6 Commission Season Thread - Feb. 23 0900 Senate Homeland Security Cmte
3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Why is Hawley involved in this? His voice pisses me off?

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Can I ask what I feel is a relevant question?  How in the ever loving FUCK is Josh FUCKING Hawley allowed to question these people?  He was fucking inciting this shit!

was just coming here to comment of josh fucking hawley trying to act like a serious finder of truth for a thing he fucking helped cause.

• Like 1

Anyone want to recap this? I caught the end on CNN when Klobuchar basically said "So we've determined without a doubt this was a premeditated insurrection, white supremacy was involved, the Capitol Police weren't given the info to do their job" more or less. Seemed like an oddly definitive closing statement from what I expected of this event. 

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Anyone want to recap this? I caught the end on CNN when Klobuchar basically said "So we've determined without a doubt this was a premeditated insurrection, white supremacy was involved, the Capitol Police weren't given the info to do their job" more or less. Seemed like an oddly definitive closing statement from what I expected of this event. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Cap Police Chief says 800 people got into the Capitol with 10k on the grounds. 

McConnell wants the Commission to look at all the rioting from the past year.

Fine. Let’s also revisit every police killing of an unarmed black person in the last year while we’re at it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And therefore trying to justify the capitol terrorists.  

Exactly.

And at the same time they’re trying to dismiss the killing of unarmed black people by the police. Forget the smug look on a white cop’s face while he pressed his knee on George Floyd’s neck and suffocated him. Think of the Target store that was looted during the protest over his murder. Both sides!

Edited by WhatTheBuck