Big XII Tourn. Semifinal: Texas v. Kansas

Guest Lobo

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

My fear is that we'll make the Sweet 16 then get bounced by a 1 or 2 seed.  Then we lose everybody meaningful from this year's team and next year we go like 10-22, and CDC's like, "Well, we just made the Sweet 16, so we're sticking with Shaka."  Even though Chris Beard or half a dozen other coaches would've taken this roster to the Final Four and anyone with a pulse would have more than two touney wins in seven freaking years at UT.

Well we just need to win the whole thing, and then whatever happens afterwards is far easier to take. 

I'm rooting for us to be crowned with a 4 forfeit-advancement, 2 actual wins national title path, because that would piss Aggie off exponentially more than the normal 6-win title run.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Holy shit, there's two of me.  

Yeah, I really don't know what advantage there is to playing Saturday night.  I guess, yeah we could pull of an upset against Baylor and move to a more favorable 3-seed, but I think tonight was really the only needle-mover.  IF we're honest, we probably lose to Baylor tomorrow night and just get a shittier #3 seed, falling behind Kansas for some reason.  

Wins over Kansas AND Baylor would have probably got us in the conversation for the last #2 seed.  But just Baylor still keeps us at #3 and a blowout could bump us down to the shittest #3, even a #4.  Might be kinda nice to go from last night, Thursday to next Saturday with no games and time to heal up.  Sure, that'd normally be called "rust" in most college hoops seasons but not this one...half the teams are doing the same shit or are already eliminated and the whole Big Dance is starting two days later than usual.  

I don’t think we’d fall behind KU on the seed lines. I think they may be in danger of getting passed without a game. And really it’s only FSU who would flip seed lines with them since Purdue is out of the B1G tournament, WV is out and Virginia had to withdraw  

How many times have we made it to the title game?  6, I think.  And we've never won one.  

Maybe that all changes tomorrow.  OSU would be a great quality win, but I think all it does is either move us up to the 2nd overall #3 seed or we maintain the 3rd overall #3 seed.  I dunno.  I need a cigarette.  

15 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

I wouldn’t count Oklahoma state out. I like them +9 as a solid bet today 

Bang bang bang

Made a nice chunk of change with this one yesterday. Had them straight up in a +2000 parlay that hit too 

I’m up over 600% over the past 48 hours. Not bad for someone Derka always claims doesn’t watch or know anything about college bball every time he melts down on me!

3 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Bang bang bang

Made a nice chunk of change with this one yesterday. Had them straight up in a +2000 parlay that hit too 

I’m up over 600% over the past 48 hours. Not bad for someone Derka always claims doesn’t watch or know anything about college bball every time he melts down on me!

Derka melts down on himself.  Derkception

• Haha 1