Jump to content

A Year In The Life of Derka- a short film by me, Derka "The Shark" Derka


shadow_operative
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 6:51 AM, shadow_operative said:

alright-i finally got around to doing this:

 

A Year in the Life of Derka- The Soundtrack

(chronological order)

 

OutKast- ATLiens

Ahmad- Back In The Day

J Cole- Friday Night Lights Intro

Loretta Lynn- Coal Miner's Daughter

Dru Hill- 5 Steps

 

OutKast- Decatur Psalm

OutKast- E.T. (Extraterrestrial)

OutKast- Millenium

Portugal. The Man- Got It All

Weezer- Say It Ain't So 

 

SPM feat. Hillwood Hustlers-Wheel Watcher- (DJ Screw)

Carl Orff- O Fortuna

Unknown- random Screw Tape 

Brandy- Sittin' Up In My Room

Marisa Monte- De Mais Ninguem

 

Lauryn Hill feat. D'Angelo- Nothing Even Matters

The Guess Who- These Eyes 

 The Mindbenders- Groovy Kind Of Love

The Roots feat. Erykah Badu- You Got Me

Lil Flip feat. Redd and HAWK- Dirty Souf

 

The Rolling Stones- Beast Of Burden

Unknown- Random Screw Tape 

Expresso 2222- Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil

OutKast- Player's Ball

Big Chance- Them Boys Down South (DJ Screw)

 

Randy Travis- Forever And Ever, Amen 

Dixie Chicks- Landslide

Trae & Z-Ro- Payback

Olivia Newton John- Physical

Garth Brooks- Two Of A Kind, Workin' On A Full House

 

Demarcus Jacquez- Wrist This Cold

OutKast- Mainstream

Soul For Real- Every Little Thing I Do

Bone Thugs N Harmony feat Notorious B.I.G.- Notorious Thugs (DJ Screw)

Krayzie Bone- Mo' Murder

 

Roy Ayers- Everybody Loves The Sunshine

George Jones- Tennessee Whiskey

Geowulf- Saltwater

Fugees- Killing Me Softly 

Whitney Houston- One Moment In Time 

 

D'Angelo- Brown Sugar

Fugees- Fu-Gee-La

Da Brat feat. Krayzie Bone- Let's All Get High (DJ Screw)

Lil Flip feat. Big Shasta- Sunny Day

MTV Party To Go CD- unknown song

 

Ken Dawg- Ain't No Reason

En Vogue- Never Gonna Get It

Al Green- Love And Happiness

Nas feat. Lauryn Hill- If I Ruled The World (DJ Screw)

Elliphant feat. Doja Cat- Purple Light

 

Marvin Gaye- I Heard It Through The Grapevine 

Big T feat. Lil Flip- In The House Tonight (DJ Screw)

Lupe Fiasco- Hurt Me Soul

The Mamas & The Papas- California Dreaming

OutKast- Ova Da Wudz

 

Gnarls Barkley- Smiley Faces 

II Tru- Ghetto Bluez

Me- Car Freestyle 

Fugees- Nappy Heads- Mad Spider Remix 

Sam Cooke- A Change Is Gonna Come 

 

MC Hammer- U Can't Touch This 

DMX- Crime Story (RIP)

Stereo MC's- Connected 

Barry White- Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe

Lumidee- Never Leave You 

 

 

^^^ whole buncha bangers in there. definitely add some of them to your collection if you haven't already. 👌🏼 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol i just went back and rewatched it. i had forgotten about the clip on august 18th. i was driving to my moms house just filming, and as i entered her neighborhood i saw that two people were pulled over and exchanging information as there had been a fender bender. turns out the old man who hit the guy in front of him was, in fact, my old man. i went from rapping along to the song i was listening to, to a full-on Sweet Dee, "oh goddamnit!" lol.

btw, by dad is a legit 6'2", which means the guy he hit was at least 6'6"-6'7". dude was a unit. after i passed them i turned my own car around to see if my dad needed a ride or anything, and as i pulled up behind them i saw this 20-something year old black dude fist bump my dad, a 70-something year old white dude who had just rear ended him. honestly, it was a strangely moving and powerful moment. there is so much tension in this country, such a divide along so many different political and generational lines, that you almost expect situations like that to turn out poorly. when i pulled up and saw them fist bump each other, again- it was just oddly moving. wish i had gotten that on camera. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where was the square pizza around the September 30 mark? Via 313? Looks so damn good right now.

Also was that woman a tad milfy in the clip with your mom hitting the wiffle ball in the gym? Not your mom, the other one. Moms is awesome BTW. 

God if I did one of these it would be so fucking boring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Where was the square pizza around the September 30 mark? Via 313? Looks so damn good right now.

Also was that woman a tad milfy in the clip with your mom hitting the wiffle ball in the gym? Not your mom, the other one. Moms is awesome BTW. 

God if I did one of these it would be so fucking boring. 

yep, that's from Via 313 on Guadeloupe. 

and yes, the other coach in the video is very milfy, especially for her age. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

so, it appears that i've never shared this, and with that being case, it seems like it would be a waste to not share it now. 

when this was filmed, it was meant to be the first in a long series of youtube videos which featured a variety of content ranging from interviews with guests tj sports highlights reels. long story short, my mental and physical health issues have taken precedence since this filming, and the youtube channel still has yet to get off and running. i was reminded of this video when talking with a friend recently, and i figured i may as well share it at this point, for anyone who's interested in watching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
On 6/1/2022 at 12:42 AM, shadow_operative said:

so, it appears that i've never shared this, and with that being case, it seems like it would be a waste to not share it now. 

when this was filmed, it was meant to be the first in a long series of youtube videos which featured a variety of content ranging from interviews with guests tj sports highlights reels. long story short, my mental and physical health issues have taken precedence since this filming, and the youtube channel still has yet to get off and running. i was reminded of this video when talking with a friend recently, and i figured i may as well share it at this point, for anyone who's interested in watching. 

I went and listened to Liberation and it's just not me for, I guess, but I can't see how this a top 1000 song much less top 1. That is why art is art, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

I went and listened to Liberation and it's just not me for, I guess, but I can't see how this a top 1000 song much less top 1. That is why art is art, I guess.

to each his own. send me one of your favorite songs to check out. it'll probably be something i've never heard of. might turn me on to something new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...