Constitutional Carry bill on its way to Governor Abbott’s desk

Armybrat

40 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Gun people are so fucking weird.

Pretty much all pathetic excuses for men who are trying to prove something. There is no justifiable reason for this legislation, especially given that this state has some of the loosest gun regulations anywhere. The ones applauding this are weak and scared and exactly who shouldn't be open carrying because they will use this for all the wrong reasons. 

This from a gun owner and hunter whose dad was a collector yet never felt the need to leave the house with one. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Texas is actually pretty middle of the road as far as gun legislation, but let's not let facts get in the way of our emotional arguments.

Is that really a good argument? Being the smartest kid in special ed isn't really something to brag about.

4 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Shouldn't the constitutional originalists be on board with that, too?

They should but we all know they’re full of shit. That originalist bullshit only applies when it benefits them. 

Every gun owner should be required to participate in monthly militia training. There needs to be shooting tests and aptitude tests. If you don’t show up or comply with the regulations, you’re no longer allowed to play with guns. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The only way for you to redeem yourself for fishing with this guy is to pick him up again and carry a fish around in a shoulder holster without ever explaining why.

I used to fish offshore with several people that insisted on carrying the whole time. Never know when you need to fend off pirates or some drug smugglers in a panga.
One dude ended up putting a huge hole in the side of some dudes boat when he tried to shoot a shark in heavy seas.

Like I said- uses to fish....

17 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I used to fish offshore with several people that insisted on carrying the whole time. Never know when you need to fend off pirates or some drug smugglers in a panga.
One dude ended up putting a huge hole in the side of some dudes boat when he tried to shoot a shark in heavy seas.

Should only shoot one type of shark:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I'm sorry/not sorry but that's damn funny. Thank goodness the boat took the damage and not you. 

"The past year has exposed the massive demands put on retail workers, often for relatively low pay and few benefits, even as they were called heroes and essential workers. Tasked with enforcing mask mandates and interacting with customers during the height of a pandemic, abuse, harassment, and assault was not uncommon. A Service Employees International Union survey of 4,187 McDonald's workers in the summer of 2020 found that nearly half of respondents said that they had been physically or verbally assaulted."

https://www.businessinsider.com/retail-workers-leaving-quit-over-nightmare-customers-low-pay-2021-5

Ooooookay.... Can we let bygones be bygones and sweep that tantrum I had about putting a piece of cloth over my mouth during a pandemic already? Gosh!

I need you to verbally confront this armed, super stable guy and remind him of our company policy for $11.57 an hour, Canyon. 

• 2 weeks later...