Liverpool 21-22: van Dijk Strikes Back

Firemans4Horn

34 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Eh, it was pretty well off though. Mane was way off when the ball came in from Elliot. It wasn't a shoulder or foot situation. 

Hate to agree, but I do. Looked clear when they showed the replay. 

Thought Elliott looked great in the first, not so much in the second. Would LOVE a second soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

@mdmost will appreciate this since he met my fiancé when we all met up in Liverpool (oh, yeah, we got engaged)

wedding is a few months away. we’ve been trying to pick the song for our first dance but nothing has clicked. no “of course that should be the song” moment. 

she called me 10 minutes ago and says, “Is there a reason we haven’t considered You’ll Never Walk Alone?”  She was listening to 60s on 6 on SiriusXM and it came on, and she thought it would be perfect for several reasons - the lyrics are meaningful, the song comes from a musical (we love Broadway shows), and, of course, my love for Liverpool FC.  so it looks like that’s what we’re going with.  now I need to find some Liverpool memorabilia to wear when we dance. I could wear my Liverpool scarf but I may need something a little more subdued. 

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this would have been nice to see but i'm not paying the cock and i'm not fighting streamwhackamole at 0dark30 for fucking burnley after the week i've had

the 97?

FWIW, it’s worth it. 

and it’s 97 now. Hendo had a wreath prematch. 
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-58273294

Edited by Cheeseweasel

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

@mdmost will appreciate this since he met my fiancé when we all met up in Liverpool (oh, yeah, we got engaged)

wedding is a few months away. we’ve been trying to pick the song for our first dance but nothing has clicked. no “of course that should be the song” moment. 

she called me 10 minutes ago and says, “Is there a reason we haven’t considered You’ll Never Walk Alone?”  She was listening to 60s on 6 on SiriusXM and it came on, and she thought it would be perfect for several reasons - the lyrics are meaningful, the song comes from a musical (we love Broadway shows), and, of course, my love for Liverpool FC.  so it looks like that’s what we’re going with.  now I need to find some Liverpool memorabilia to wear when we dance. I could wear my Liverpool scarf but I may need something a little more subdued. 

Awesome stuff. Congratulations. Future Lady Jive Turkey is pretty badass. She was a hell of a sport on our little nerdy trip around Liverpool. 

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Eh, it was pretty well off though. Mane was way off when the ball came in from Elliot. It wasn't a shoulder or foot situation. 

image.thumb.png.72f351ce82fa55b0786d833ec7dec059.png

They called it on Salah though. Not egregious and certainly not as bad as some of the calls last season but it was pretty damn close.

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

if you really want to earn street cred up in here.....

+++

You say the hill's too steep to climb
Chiding
You say you'd like to see me try
Climbing

You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb the hill in my own way
Just wait a while for the right day
And as I rise above the treeline and the clouds
I look down hearing the sound of the things you said today

Fearlessly, the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling
Merciless, the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his brow
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd

That was a very satisfying win. In years past you'd dread the thought of an early kickoff vs Burnley but we came out firing, got an early goal, survived a few scares, and finished them off like professionals. With a couple of notable absences – Fabinho, Ox, Robbo – we played about as well as you could expect. Matip is such an impressive player, perfect for our high line. Obviously he's eternally frustrating with his constant niggling injuries but it's incredible how he can just come back and show absolutely no rust, no matter how long the break. Would love for him to stay fit, somehow.

I thought Naby was great and I'm really happy to see him make it through 80+ minutes. Think he's got a firm grip on a spot in our midfield right now.

Tsimikas is a fantastic player and could legit push Robbo to the bench for a few more weeks. Robbo could use an extended break after playing basically every minute last year and then having the Euros this summer. Let him fully recover and come back completely refreshed.

Elliott looked the part today. There were a few times where I wish he would've been a little more selfish rather than always deferring to the senior players, but in what was more or less a full-on debut, you could not ask anything more out of him. Wish his would-be assist would've counted. What an exquisite ball he played.

• Hook 'Em 1