Liverpool 21-22: van Dijk Strikes Back

Firemans4Horn

Lijnders said in his Carabao Cup press conference that Millie is probably out till the International Break with his hamstring. Keita only has a bruise. Fabinho should be back for Saturday's match. Thiago is about to start training again. 

Edited by mdmost

At the beginning of the season and when the draw came out I thought the LC might be a good place for the youngsters to get a run.  With Elliott/Thiago/Milner/Keita out I'm not sure I mind an early exit.  Not good to go out against Preston North End though. 

4 hours ago, pied06 said:

Whe do we got tonight?

Kelleher

Williams/Gomez/Konate(Matip with some time)/Tsimikas

Ox/Jones/?

Gordon/Minamino/Origi

Whe do we got tonight?

Kelleher Adrian

Ox/Jones/? Morton

Gordon/Minamino/Origi Blair

Can't say I know anything about Blair and Morton.  If these games gove these guys minutes, then let's go ahead an win.

12 minutes ago, pied06 said:

Whe do we got tonight?

Kelleher Adrian

Ox/Jones/? Morton

Gordon/Minamino/Origi Blair

Can't say I know anything about Blair and Morton.  If these games gove these guys minutes, then let's go ahead an win.

Morton came on as halftime sub against Norwich in the previous round of the League Cup and was very impressive, honestly one of the better players on the field. Holding midfielder.

Blair is totally out of left field. He's an 18-year old winger who's only played for the U-18's with no appearances at U-23 level. We signed him from the Mancs when he was 12, so bonus points if he turns out to be a good one.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Matip/Gomez looks like a mediocre partnership at best.

I think they both have some fantastic qualities to their game but I also think, and Ibra did this a lot early against ManU, that they step up to pressure players too often and often times without regard for what’s happening on the wings. VIrgil often has to cover for them doing so and it’s why he often times plays like a sweeper back there. Neither Gomez or Matip seem to be capable of that.

• Hook 'Em 1