Texas Women's Basketball 2021-2022 - "Vic's Got It Going!!"

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Heartbreaking. We died by the 3 ball today. 

33% shooting isn’t going to cut it and 24 turnovers ain’t gonna cut it on the road. We have to figure out this offense, it’s abysmal at times 

The biggest problem with the zone offense is the 3 SRs can't shoot. When Warren, Ebo and JAT are on the court together there's very little spacing. They can have decent games every now and then but you need shooters on the court against a zone. 

I don't think the execution was bad today outside of the turnovers. Texas got great looks for most of the game.

I'm not surprised that Warren was a team worst -6 today. She's a huge liability in games like this where teams leave her wide open and she only takes 2 shots. When you're playing 4 vs 5 on offense it's a problem. 

She had some open baseline shots that she hit against KSU and didn’t take them. Idk I saw a lot of body language issues for a team coming off a big win and who has been pretty good on the road. 

Otherwise, Hunter had a great game and might be earning more minutes. Harmon is so legit. Big 12 FOY legit 

Edited by Js1

Warren looked so comfortable last game receiving the ball at 15 ft and shooting it. Today she was receiving it behind the 3 point line and trying to drive. That’s just not the best part of her offensive game. 

JAT is the slash, curl and shoot type but the zone doesn’t afford her that option and dares her to shoot 3s. And she’s not quite good enough a shooter to make them consistently.