Texas Women's Basketball 2021-2022 - "Vic's Got It Going!!"

LTtxfan

Just now, Pancho said:

Basket shouldn’t count if they reverse this.

I guess they ruled the foul was after the release of the shot?  I’m doing two things at once so halfway paying attention. 

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I didn't think they could review this unless there were only 2 minutes left

You can review a Restricted Area block/charge if the coach makes a request.  This can happen at any point during the game. 

The men’s and women’s rule on this is different. 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I guess they ruled the foul was after the release of the shot?  I’m doing two things at once so halfway paying attention. 

You can review a Restricted Area block/charge if the coach makes a request.  This can happen at any point during the game. 

The men’s and women’s rule on this is different. 

Smith definitely did not shoot the ball before the collision. 

and what possible reason would there be for the rules to be different for the men and women on this?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Smith definitely did not shoot the ball before the collision. 

and what possible reason would there be for the rules to be different for the men and women on this?

Because the women’s rules are more progressive and mirror NBA/WNBA where the men’s game is stuck in their traditionalist rules and are always the last to adjust to the times. 

There are a ton of rules that are different when comparing men’s/women’s. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Because the women’s rules are more progressive and mirror NBA/WNBA where the men’s game is stuck in their traditionalist rules and are always the last to adjust to the times. 

There are a ton of rules that are different when comparing men’s/women’s. 

Yep. The men need to move to quarters too 

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Yea it be like that sometime. . 3rd qtr killed us. 

This offense has been consistently not good since we turned the calendar to 2022. We regularly struggle to hit 40% shooting in conference play. It’s scheme and personnel 

Edited by Js1

Vic now 0-4 against Baylor. This program won't be able to progress until we get over the Baylor hump. For next season we'll shed more Aston players and Naylissa Smith will leave for the WNBA but I'm sure Baylor will find a way to beat us next season too like they always do. We are what we are, just an average a 5-5 Big 12 team