Texas Women's Basketball 2021-2022 - "Vic's Got It Going!!"

LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Processing these Aston players out will be addition by subtraction 

hopefully the new ones can make layups and stop being stupid.  running theme with Aston was inability to finish at the rim by the bigs.

Baylor was packing it in and we refused to take 13 to 15 ft shots.  our guards would go inside and miss or lose the ball.

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

After Baylor lost Mulkey, half their roster to the transfer portal, and to UT-Arlington in non-conference I thought surely in year 2 of Vic this would set us up to get over the Baylor hump. stupid me.

Kim left Collen good players that she could win with. Smith, Egbo, Andrews. Lewis was a good transfer - 6th year college PG

Aston left players who couldn’t beat Baylor. And we have a freshman PG. Processing out the crap will be painful. An experienced PG and a #1 pick down low is nice to have in your first year - ask Vic last year (grad transfer PG and Collier). Collen has that this year. 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

She has a fouling problem. If she got 8 instead of 5, she’d never leave the court 

yeah I'm just talking about when she is on the court.  literally walk the ball up, set a screen and have her shoot.  no TO's, no missed FT's and no missed layups(unless we get a rebound of course)

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah I'm just talking about when she is on the court.  literally walk the ball up, set a screen and have her shoot.  no TO's, no missed FT's and no missed layups(unless we get a rebound of course)

These players seem scared to shoot. Like the men 

• Rage+1 1

Baylor is telling us “if you want to win, you have to hit your shots because we aren’t letting you inside.”

We don’t seem to be responding. This will be a long game if they can’t knock down shots.  The team looks fine, it’s just the shooting sucks.  shooting 12% right now.

You can definitely tell Hunter is a freshman.  Clearly out of control on that correct charge call earlier, and she doesn’t seem to have good awareness just yet of the game at this level.  These aren’t the shitty Cy-Fair schools you’re playing against now.  I’m excited for her future tho…

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You can definitely tell Hunter is a freshman.  Clearly out of control on that correct charge call earlier, and she doesn’t seem to have good awareness just yet of the game at this level.  These aren’t the shitty Cy-Fair schools you’re playing against now.  I’m excited for her future tho…

Plus she went a long stretch without playing. She’s feeling her way. Moore was the same way but she’s gotten better and more confident