4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Geez Vic will bitch about anything

Even on the boards and TCU shot more FT.  Vic gets to rip the team for that 😂

Who cares that they forced 26 turnovers (+15) and shot 50%

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Even on the boards and TCU shot more FT.  Vic gets to rip the team for that 😂

Who cares that they forced 26 turnovers (+15) and shot 50%

I was thinking more that he was complaining about the venue playing Lionel Ritchie instead of letting him address the crowd on the PA to thank them. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Daaaamn. Maybe call a timeout?

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They aren’t playing much defense either if UL has 42 halfway thru the second

55-19 in the third. Louisville shooting around 60% and 8-12 from three 

ND has recovered to 28% shooting but being out rebounded 29-9

This looks like some of those Mulkey blowouts of Texas even when we were ranked (ND is #14)

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Buddy sent me this. He was sitting a few rows in front of them. L to R: Demarvion Overshown, Xavier Worthy, Jake Majors, Quinn Ewers 

49D8DBBD-8EB4-4D1F-98BA-8E7DF99FC8E7.jpeg

Vic: we need fan support

DMO/Ewers/Worthy: we got you fam 

Dunno if the men’s team got back in time from Morgantown, but I bet Beard would have had them there too 

• Hook 'Em 1

I fully expect to go at least 1-0 this week bc OSU is trash and we will blow them out as we close down the FEC on Saturday (for the regular season, at least). KU still scares me at 19-7 (10-6) but they are on a 2 game losing streak as they hit the meat of their schedule, which was insanely backloaded (ISU, @ Baylor, Texas, @ OU to end the schedule).  Coming off an 8 point loss in Waco (85-77).  Only conference losses are OU (by 14), Baylor twice (by 3 and 8), ISU twice (by 15 and 26) and KSU (by 8 )

Conf only stats

• Offense
    • KU is 4th in scoring at 69.1 ppg, Texas is 5th at 66.3 ppg
    • KU is 5th in FG% at 42.2%, Texas is 6th at 41.1%
    • KU is 5th in 3FG% at 33.2% and 6th in made 3FG (5.1 per game), Texas is 6th at 32.1% and 10th in made 3FG (4.4 per game)
    • KU is 4th in FT% at 75.2%, Texas is 8th at 71%
    • KU is 5th in offensive rebounds at 11.4  rpg, Texas is 1st at 14.1 rpg
  • Defensive
    • KU is 6th at 67.1 ppg allowed, Texas is 1st at 57.3 ppg (only Big 12 team under 63 points)
    • KU is 1st in OPPFG% at 37.7%, Texas is 3rd at 40.5%
    • KU is 4th in OPP3FG% at 34.2%, Texas is 2nd at 28.4%
    • KU is 1st in defensive rebounds at 29.1 rpg, Texas is 10th at 22.1 rpg
    • KU is 1st in blocks at 5.75 bpg, Texas is 7th at 3.63 bpg
    • KU is 6th in steals at 7.38 per game, Texas is 1st at 9.94 per game
  • Misc.
    • KU is 3rd in rebounding margin (+3.6), Texas is 1st (+4.0)
    • KU is 9th in turnover margin (-2.63) and 4th in total turnovers (270), Texas is 1st (+4.94) and 6th (237)
    • KU is 10th in a/t ratio at 0.68, Texas is 7th at 0.76

KU is 8th in attendance in the league at 1828 per game.  So I'm not that scared of a raucous home crowd (to compare - FEC is around 3257 per game)

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

We get a new (and final) Top 16 tonight from the committee during the Baylor @ ISU game.   

Hoping to see Texas somewhere in the 6 or 7 slot.  If I had to rank the 2 seeds, it should go 5 Baylor, 6 Texas, 7 Iowa State, 8 Michigan based on body of work, Baylor's 2 H2H wins over Texas, Texas' 2 H2H wins over Iowa State and Michigan's recent slide of losing 3 of their last 5 (2 to #67 and #64).  Could also see Michigan getting knocked down to a 3 and UConn to a 2 based on NET (UConn #5, Michigan #14) and recent results. 

Pre-Top 16 bracketology:

Bridgeport: NC State, Michigan, OU, Oregon
Wichita: Louisville, Baylor, Arizona, Iowa
Greensboro: SC, ISU, UConn, Maryland
Spokane: Stanford, Texas, LSU, Notre Dame

Only major change is Iowa into the top 16 (winners of 4 straight, including 3 against Top 25 NET), Tennessee out (losers of 3 of their last 4)

If Tennessee does indeed fail to finish in the top 16 come Selection Sunday, it'll be the first time since in-season reveals started in 2015 that a team was listed as a projected #1 seed during the season by the committee and failed to be listed in the top 16 of the final bracket. 

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

We get a new (and final) Top 16 tonight from the committee during the Baylor @ ISU game.   

Hoping to see Texas somewhere in the 6 or 7 slot.  If I had to rank the 2 seeds, it should go 5 Baylor, 6 Texas, 7 Iowa State, 8 Michigan based on body of work, Baylor's 2 H2H wins over Texas, Texas' 2 H2H wins over Iowa State and Michigan's recent slide of losing 3 of their last 5 (2 to #67 and #64).  Could also see Michigan getting knocked down to a 3 and UConn to a 2 based on NET (UConn #5, Michigan #14) and recent results. 

Pre-Top 16 bracketology:

Bridgeport: NC State, Michigan, OU, Oregon
Wichita: Louisville, Baylor, Arizona, Iowa
Greensboro: SC, ISU, UConn, Maryland
Spokane: Stanford, Texas, LSU, Notre Dame

Only major change is Iowa into the top 16 (winners of 4 straight, including 3 against Top 25 NET), Tennessee out (losers of 3 of their last 4)

If Tennessee does indeed fail to finish in the top 16 come Selection Sunday, it'll be the first time since in-season reveals started in 2015 that a team was listed as a projected #1 seed during the season by the committee and failed to be listed in the top 16 of the final bracket. 

Do not want Baylor or SC but for the love of god can someone knock Mulkey out before we may have to face her?

7 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Do not want Baylor or SC but for the love of god can someone knock Mulkey out before we may have to face her?

We won't see Baylor because the committee avoids conference matchups within the top 16 prior to the Elite 8.   They'll specifically move teams around the S-curve to avoid that.  It's why Texas, OU, ISU and Baylor are all spread out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Now can we swap with isu?

We should 

Baylor is the first Big 12 team since 2000 to start 0-2 in conf play and win a share of the title. Now on a 14-1 stretch where they beat ISU and Texas 2 times each and only lost to OU 

On Vic's show today concerning Gaston and Warren:

“I know they got banged up. They were up in the training room and you know they get checked out one more time and checked out during the game and were checked out again today. They’ll see the doctor for one more round of being double sure. We will make sure those kids are ok.”

A little rambling but he says they are going to be "double sure" so it sounds like the staff thinks they are good to go, pending final approval.

• Hook 'Em 1

ISU and Baylor are 2 seeds.  Texas is a 3 seed.

ISU: 24-5, 0-4 against Baylor/Texas, 5 Q1 wins, #10 NET (best non-conf win was #12 Iowa at home)
Texas: 21-6, 2-2 against ISU/Baylor, 8 Q1 wins, #8 NET (best non-conf win was #3 Stanford in Palo Alto)
Baylor: 24-5, 4-0 against ISU/Baylor, 8 Q1 wins, #7 NET (best non-conf win was ASU at a neutral site) 

Make that make sense. 

Texas: lost by 12 and 8 to Baylor, beat ISU by 18 and 25
ISU: lost by 18 and 25 to Texas and 26 and 25 to Baylor

Edited by Js1
  • Rage+1 1

21 hours ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

On Vic's show today concerning Gaston and Warren:

“I know they got banged up. They were up in the training room and you know they get checked out one more time and checked out during the game and were checked out again today. They’ll see the doctor for one more round of being double sure. We will make sure those kids are ok.”

A little rambling but he says they are going to be "double sure" so it sounds like the staff thinks they are good to go, pending final approval.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Do we have room for all three?

I worry about displacing young talent that should be our long-term future if we hold on to the old guard, but that experience is valuable.

I could see Hunter saying oh hell no and leaving but I'm starting to give up hope on her anyway. Got to have a chair for RJ if she does the right thing.

1 minute ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Do we have room for all three?

I worry about displacing young talent that should be our long-term future if we hold on to the old guard, but that experience is valuable.

I could see Hunter saying oh hell no and leaving but I'm starting to give up hope on her anyway. Got to have a chair for RJ if she does the right thing.

Depends if the NCAA does any roster relief to allow going over and/or not counting anyone in their Super Senior COVID year 

• Like 1