NHL scandal or "Stay away from Aldrich"

cactusflinthead

Beach sued the team earlier this year. Last week, lawyers for the Chicago club filed documents asking in support of their previous motion to dismiss lawsuits filed by Beach and another person. The team contends the filings were legal procedures and that they intend to enter settlement talks with Beach.

His lawyer, Susan Loggans, said Saturday that she and Beach have a meeting scheduled with the team on Tuesday, per The Athletic.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kyle-beach-meeting-chicago-nhl-1.6232129

20 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I said it in the NHL thread, but there need to be serious repercussions for this or it will happen again. I don't know what it looks like, but it hasn't looked ugly enough yet.

Really?   We elected a sexual predator as President.   One of his biggest supporters/enablers represents an Ohio district.   

This country accepts if not outright condones sexual predators when they are positions of power/authority.

43 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Really?   We elected a sexual predator as President.   One of his biggest supporters/enablers represents an Ohio district.   

This country accepts if not outright condones sexual predators when they are positions of power/authority.

oh, ok, so we should just do nothing. got it 🙄

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I think Macanudo was responding to the assertion that "it hasn't looked ugly enough yet."  His point is that it's pretty fucking ugly throughout the US right now (although maybe not in the NHL just yet).   

Just now, Gap03 said:

I think Macanudo was responding to the assertion that "it hasn't looked ugly enough yet."  His point is that it's pretty fucking ugly throughout the US right now (although maybe not in the NHL just yet).   

I meant the punishments/responses have not been ugly enough yet

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

49 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

He isn't saying to do nothing. I read it as the expression of the cynicism in light of past performance.

Bobby Hull was a drunken wife beater. 

24 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Bingo.  People in power have a completely different set of rules and consequences.  Now, Aldrich might be far enough down the food chain that he gets what should be coming to him but others will skate.

5 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Let's be bipartisan about it--we've elected a couple of sexual predators in the last 30 years.

And it's not just an American phenomenon.  After all--the NHL and the NHLPA are headquartered in Toronto.  And whether you're looking at the Catholic Church's scandals in Ireland and France or Prince Andrew's relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, it's pretty clear that the condoning of sexual predators is common around the world.

The United States may be the most condemnatory of such behavior, as frightening as that is to consider.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Let's be bipartisan about it--we've elected a couple of sexual predators in the last 30 years.

And it's not just an American phenomenon.  After all--the NHL and the NHLPA are headquartered in Toronto.  And whether you're looking at the Catholic Church's scandals in Ireland and France or Prince Andrew's relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, it's pretty clear that the condoning of sexual predators is common around the world.

The United States may be the most condemnatory of such behavior, as frightening as that is to consider.

Bingo, bango, bongo