Strength and Conditioning Coach

alphahorn

Watching Baylor push OU all over the field, shows what a change at the top of a strength and conditioning program can mean to a team. Aranda made a great hire in the offseason when he hired Viloria from LSU.  There is NO FUCKING QUESTION that we are not getting it done in the weight room. Why in the world would we hire a Pac12 strength coach in the first place. 

I remember in Fred Akers' day Texas would begin the season in week 3.  We'd open against teams that had already played 2 games.  Akers believed in the extra strength training would pay dividends as the season wore on.  

I think if Sark makes one change in the offseason, I would look to the SEC and find the best guy I could there.  Our OL is just fucking weak.  Baylor in one year is a different team with a different mindset and it all began in the weight room

I'd see if Flood and Bo and a money whip could get Bama's guy here. 

The big 12 is so weak this year. All these teams we were clowning in the first half even with this horrible culture. It was ripe for a conference title if the players and strength training weren't so unmotivated. 

Edited by Hermanator

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The big 12 is so weak this year. All these teams we were clowning in the first half even with this horrible culture. It was ripe for a conference title if the players and strength training weren't so unmotivated. 

If you're talking about Scott Cochran, he left Bama for Georgia in 2020 and is now ST Coach.

Bama's guy is now at Georgia..and position coach now. Having said that, whoever Saban grabbed didnt seem to have much if any drop off so I'd still be down for a poach.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
17 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Bama's guy is now at Georgia..and position coach now. Having said that, whoever Saban grabbed didnt seem to have much if any drop off so I'd still be down for a poach.

Saban has another first-year corch at Bama this year in OC Bill O'Brien. Would you want to poach that moron? I mean he's on Saban's staff. He must be great.

25 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Kentucky, Iowa, PSU are some spots. hell, the 2nd highest assistant coach at OSU is their long time S&C coach (DC #1)

Saban has another first-year corch at Bama this year in OC Bill O'Brien. Would you want to poach that moron? I mean he's on Saban's staff. He must be great.
Cochran's been gone more than one season, maybe 3 now. Maybe you've forgotten but Bama sliced through their schedule last year..which extended to January.

Hire the #2 guy from Bama, UGA, Clemson, or tOSU, assuming you can't get the #1. Even LSU or ND. Someone from an elite program who knows what it takes. Tbh it doesn't seem like it should be that hard.

Interestingly though, this new Bama staff actually sounds like Becton's approach: https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/alabama-football-nick-saban-strength-conditioning

33 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Hire the #2 guy from Bama, UGA, Clemson, or tOSU, assuming you can't get the #1. Even LSU or ND. Someone from an elite program who knows what it takes. Tbh it doesn't seem like it should be that hard.

Interestingly though, this new Bama staff actually sounds like Becton's approach: https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/alabama-football-nick-saban-strength-conditioning

Moffitt has a lot of former assistants around college FB. We could find one to do the job with no trouble. 

• Hook 'Em 1