Consumer Electronics Show 2022

Parliament

I have a room on the Strip Wednesday and Thursday night.  Plan is to attend the show all day Thursday and Friday morning.  My first time at CES, or any large trade show of any kind.  What all do I need to prepare?

I have a Clear Me account, and my vax info is uploaded. Looks like Clear lets you "pre register" for CES in the app, and I did that.

I have registered for the show and paid my $100.  Looks like they hafta verify my employer or something, and it shows "pending approval."

Should I register for any of the paid speakers?  Do I need to register for any of the free talks?  What else do I need to do?

Here's the most common trade show process:

1. In the first 30 minutes, run through the exhibitors and pick up random pamphlets, business cards, and swag to show your boss you actually attended.

2. Then go directly to the nearest bar, get drunk.

3. Go have an overly expensive business lunch at a prime steakhouse (make sure to pay for two meals so you can expense it as business development). 

4. Go back to the exhibit hall and find a vendor that will take you to dinner and drinks under the guise that you have way more decision making and purchasing power at your company than you actually do.

5. Go to the hotel bar for a nightcap and find another attendee to bang.

6. Wake up and repeat 1-5 each day of the conference.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

1. In the first 30 minutes, run through the exhibitors and pick up random pamphlets, business cards, and swag to show your boss you actually attended.

3. Go have an overly expensive business lunch at a prime steakhouse (make sure to pay for two meals so you can expense it as business development). 

4. Go back to the exhibit hall and find a vendor that will take you to dinner and drinks under the guise that you have way more decision making and purchasing power at your company than you actually do.

4b. Figure out which vendor throws the best private party and go hang around their booth until you get an invite. 

Are the AVN awards still going on at the same time as CES? 

You left out 5.5 - find a hooker when you fail at the bar.