Want to create a pic dump website

Are you wanting to use it for internet links, or just for personal archive and searching, or...?

Take a look here, depending if you want metatagging, ability to sell photo prints, automatic watermarking, easy hotlinks, there are tons of free or cheap providers out there. I really wouldn't recommend hosting your own, just because it's an added hassle when the options out there are so easy and good:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/839-best-photography-sites.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Just use google photo. It’ll organize by the date stamp on the photo. You can add captions and tags to organize further.

tey also employ some photo recognition on it.  you can run the search for "cat" or "car" or "blue house" and itll search the album.  pretty neat

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Are you wanting to use it for internet links, or just for personal archive and searching, or...?

Take a look here, depending if you want metatagging, ability to sell photo prints, automatic watermarking, easy hotlinks, there are tons of free or cheap providers out there. I really wouldn't recommend hosting your own, just because it's an added hassle when the options out there are so easy and good:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/839-best-photography-sites.html

personal archive.  Reading below, google may be the place though.  I wouldnt have to pay for hosting.

I was actually going to recommend Google Photos right off the bat (I'm a very heavy user), but wanted to get a feel for your goal first, as it's a poor choice IF you had told me your goal was commercial use, hotlinking, watermarked galleries, print sales. As a personal archive, absolutely. It's extra nice because it's already integrated into the Android system, automatic photo backups from device and automatic sync across all devices is super handy.

If your photos are already well organized and sorted on a local drive, also look at Google Drive, it has more "file/directory structure" layout so might be easier for you to keep your organization system and upload them. It can also automatically offline sync so you can maintain your offline photos in your existing director structure, and it'll sync it online. After your photos are in Drive, they can be set to "Show in Google Photos," giving you thumbnail, gallery, date functionality.

Google just dropped their paid storage prices again, now 2TB is $100yr, which makes it a very cheap option to online archive. Storage is shared across all Google products (Photos, Drive, Gmail, etc).