2022 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

The son of Czechs (Sebastian Korda) spanked the son of a Swiss boxer & his Russian bride (Davidovich-Fokina) via "double breadsticks".

In the after-match chat at the Tennis channel desk, Chanda Rubin's blonde stand-in Dani Klupenger commented on Sebastian's two gold chains. (She didn't say that they were cheesy, just commented.) He said:

1st necklace mentioned was given to him by his dad when he turned pro, because it was the necklace that his dad wore while he was a pro. (Sebastian had to have it shortened because it would bounce up and loop around his ear on every second serve.) It's kind of a thick necklace.

2nd necklace mentioned was given to him when he was about 5 months old and he's "only taken it off about 10(?) times in his life." This necklace hangs below the collar line of a shirt on a grown 6'5" young man. That thing must have been comically cheesy when he was a baby. What an odd culture.

Also, the daughter of a Japanese lady & Haitian man (Osaka) is whipping a not-so-inform daughter of Germans (Kerber) mainly due to Kerber's aim not being on today. Osaka hasn't always been great, but Kerber has seemed really off today. 6-2, 6-3

It's somewhat windy.

Raducanu is facing the Czech Bod... Siniakova "Coming Up". Fit Phillies on Stadium Court*.

*Speaking of "Stadium Court", it appears that they have incorporated some of the stands of the Hard Rock (football) Stadium into their Stadium Court with temporary stands around the other sides. Just odd. It kind of has an RFK (Washington's old stadium), Candlestick Park (49ers & SF Giants old stadium), Oakland Coliseum vibe to it. Like watching NYCFC in Yankee Stadium or something. Just odd.

Edited by Napoleon

Speaking of hurt, something may have happened to Siniakova...

She started to tear up in the middle of her service game... which she lost at love. A trainer has been called for the next changeover.

If she needs those thighs worked on...

Also, Raducanu is hitting the ball close to her US Open level. She was gassed early in the 2nd game an that game went to several deuces, so maybe she's not in shape, but she is hitting really cleanly compared to what has been her norm... and she appears to be "excited" about her successful drop shot. (Great drop shot against a fairly speedy Siniakova.)

Siniakova is slouching like a teenager who just was told that she's been grounded until summer. And now she's bending over, gassed. Her face does not look right. 

Jenson Brooksby continues to show poor on-the-court behavior that will eventually catch up to him. Today he threw his racket in frustration and it hit a ball kid in the legs. His opponent lobbied to get him defaulted to no avail. Honestly, he probably should have been defaulted 

Edited by perfectchaos007

13 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Jenson Brooksby continues to show poor on-the-court behavior that will eventually catch up to him. Today he threw his racket in frustration and it hit a ball kid in the legs. His opponent lobbied to get him defaulted to no avail. Honestly, he probably should have been defaulted 

Yep, he should have been defaulted.

Siniakova slammed her racquet down and it just stayed in place. (Lindsay Davenport thought that she deserved a warning.) Her slamming the racquet down wasn't that different that the form used by Kyrgios in Indian Wells, but the bounce was completely different.

Brooksby tossed his racquet, he didn't slam it down. You can't throw shit or hit shit flat in anger. Slamming the racquet down is usually a much safer display of anger, but Kyrgios wasn't so lucky in California because he racquet went sideways about 40 to 50 feet, not something that you normally see.

CORRECTION: Kyrgios' form was problematic in his racquet slam. He didn't throw it down open face, but rather was turned towards the ball kid about 40 feet away and threw the racquet down in a axe chopping motion with the rim primed to either break or launch the racquet. Not as stupid as Brooksby, but still it shows poor preparation for limiting the potential distance traveled by the racquet.

I just turned on the TV and Kyrgios has had two match points on Rublev. 

Here’s #3. And BOOM!!

Kyrgio beats Rublev

6-3 , 6-0 in 51 mins !!! 😂

The final point looked like a grownup toying with their child  

ALSO: Yesterday there were 16 Women’s matches in Miami. 

13 matches involved a seeded player vs unseeded

11 WTA Seeds LOST!!

In one fucking day! Holy shit!!

And then it looks like Sakkari (4) lost today and Mertens (20) lost today. (Mertens lost to Fruhvirtova)

Check out this fucking bullshit from Vika. Getting smoked by the 16-year old, straight fucking quits, then doesn't so much as even acknowledge the kid. Might as well retire, your shit has been done for awhile anyway. 

And good on Rennae or whoever that is for calling out her sprained vagina. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

TIL Badosa's parents were former supermodels, and she was born in NYC. It checks out

Yes, her parents were models.

No, her parents were not “Supermodels”.

If you have to tell a person that another person is “a supermodel “, then they are not “supermodels”.

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

See, it’s okay to have fun sometimes. 

One of the Russians I kind of like. I’m thinking that all of the Russians who decided to switch to Kazakhstan are pretty glad that they did.

33 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yeah, this is probably best for everyone. 

spacer.png

I have listened to Vika speak. This was not written by Vika, this was written by a native English speaker.

Swiatek is playing like I thought she would be this time last year, when I looked up what the betting odds were for her to win the French Open & Wimbledon. 

Taylor Fritz just beat Tommy Paul, 7-6 6-4. Maybe it’s because I have live in California, maybe it’s because I have worn a ball cap backwards when playing tennis, maybe it’s because they play Davis Cup, maybe it’s because they are such good friends, and/or maybe it’s because I have been white most of my life, but I pull for both of those guys to win and it’s a bit of a bummer when one knocks out the other. 

Alex De Minaur and Tsitsipas just started and I have to say that De Minaur has to be the most boring top player on tour. I don’t think that people like him or hate him, because I don’t think that anyone even thinks about him.