2022 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

19 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Keys played worse than she did going 0-2 in the Mexican swing lmao

1) I think that once Iga broke Madison’s first two service games, all of the wind was out of her sails. 

I didn’t see much of the match, but what I saw was ugly. 

2) TCU vs Baylor on Tennis Channel right now. 

3) Damned Álvarez is going to beat Monfils. 😌 That kid is so fucking good. 

Apparently Kudermetova didn’t see my upset pick, nor my reasoning for why she should win.  

It appears to me, after finally turning on the match, that Badosa is too crafty for Kudermetova. I had not anticipated that. 

Well, good for “the West”, and F Russia! 

Edited by Napoleon

Want to see if Iga can keep it going.  She is best when she’s aggressive.  If she’s just hanging in points I don’t like her chances against Halep.

Badosa had not previously beaten K, so that’s a big win.  I don’t see Sak giving her trouble.  I smell a repeat coming.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

It turned out that Badosa was 0-3 against Kudermetova before today, so my assessment was not off, it just didn’t hold up. 

Who wins Nadal v Kyrgios?

Álcaraz v Norrie?

Kyrgios even though he is a turd. 

Alcatraz is winning the French this year so to keep in Chang’s tradition he has to win IW.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The women’s quarterfinals were about as straight forward as predicted, however the semi finals look to be very entertaining. It’s hard to pick favorites given all four of these ladies seem to be in their top form

I think that Iga has the highest ceiling of the four ladies.

I also think that Iga is locked in.

I will take the higher seeds.
Swiatek over Halep
Badosa over Sakkari

Swiatek over Badosa in the final.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

After he won, went to the ground, got up, shook Rafa’s hand, he looked like he was going to start laughing and/or crying…

Then he covers his face before pulling his hands away from his face, looks into the stands at someone and you can see his lips clearly say…

”NO FUCKING WAY!”

It was hilarious!

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If Anisimova has anyone in the locker room that dislikes her, it’s probably Rogers after the match they had in Charleston last year. Could be a popcorn round 1

I am right behind Amanda on this one.

Like... right behind her. Giving her whatever she needs to make it through the hard time.

Though I do pull for Shelby, I am on Amanda for this matchup.

• Hook 'Em 2

Putinseva is playing some girl I’ve never heard of (Schunk- GER) and Yulia looks like she’s been putting-in-sev(er)al cubano sandwiches in her mouth over the last week or two while prepping for this tournament. 

Putinseva is short, so 5-10 lbs looks like 15-20 on her, but the surface is purportedly fast and she’s not looking like she can play fast. 

She is wearing a low-cut tank top with a shallow push-up undertop in case anyone is interested in that stuff. 

It’s early in the 3rd set.

• Haha 1

According to the Tennis Channel, Taylor Fritz is in Miami, but it remains to be seen whether he’s fit enough to play or will have to withdraw. 

Stan Wawrinka is playing a challenger in Andalucia this week (or maybe it’s next) that is probably on clay before accepting a wildcard to Monte Carlo.

13 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

would be hilarious if she goes back to playing Cricket. 

I’m thinking that she starts a family soon. She could squeeze out some pups, knock around the cricket ball, and then get the bug to return (maybe) in 7 years or so. 

She’s a pretty chill lady and could conceivably have endorsement deals for the rest of her life.

PS- I raced here to post the ESPN screen shot, so I’m going to do it anyway.

430D047F-CB3C-45B0-A945-B4CA005EA65A.jpeg