2022-24 UIL Realignment

TrashMaster G

13 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

District also lost Smithson Valley to 5A.

SV should tear through their new 5A district next season as they will be retaining a number of legacy players that didn't move to the new high school. Plus there are some shit schools in that district. The Seguin game will be a slaughter.

4 hours ago, F250 said:

SV should tear through their new 5A district next season as they will be retaining a number of legacy players that didn't move to the new high school. Plus there are some shit schools in that district. The Seguin game will be a slaughter.

Shit, I just noticed that that district got put in region 3.  SV would have won region 4 in a complete walkover.

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Shit, I just noticed that that district got put in region 3.  SV would have won region 4 in a complete walkover.

They would kill Region 4 but should still dominate Region 3. They are still carrying a 6A class with the legacies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 2:23 PM, Nolacycling said:

Corpus Christi ISD continues to bs about population at Vets Memorial. Previous realignment they were 4 students under the 6A minimum. And that was bs. Anyone from CC can tell you that area is the only legitimate growth in the city and the school pop avg a 8% growth.

I can see that the cost involved in having only 1 6a team in the City and surrounding areas would be a huge $ loss. At the same time, the numbers I saw had them 50% bigger than the other City schools and rightfully  dominating. 

TLDR. Corpus sucks at sports.

CCISD does for the most part.  One of the schools on the Northwest side would disagree.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:04 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

I remember that district, and I remember in the 2000s when they sent Harlingen, South, and San Benito packing to play in a Corpus Christi district for two years. Having more schools in 5A makes it easier to split it up into east and west valley. 

I agree with Helobius, 5A D1 gives a valley school the best shot in decades to win a R4 title. Vela, McMemorial, McHi, and PSJA North will be capable of doing it, and the biggest roadblock is Coastal Bend and not San Antonio in this reclassification.

I really hate the pre-playoff divisional split in 5A and below. 

So I was in high school (80's) and I recall when the RGV had one 5A district that ran  from Mission to Brownsville.  The only two cities that had more than one high school was McAllen and Brownsville.   Then in 1986 the UIL shocked many of us and dropped the enrollment cut off for then 5A and Donna, Rio Grande City, Brownsville Pace and yes La Joya went from being the largest in 4A in the state to the smallest in 5A.   All within only 10-50 students from what I recall. 

On 2/7/2022 at 10:42 AM, Helobious said:

All those IDEA schools really did a number on enrollment for valley schools. I was surprised to see Vela drop, it seems like that’s a growing area with all that space around Monte Cristo Rd. Then again I’m not really sure if that’s Vela territory. 

Bird Bowl is week 1. I’m glad they’ve always made it a priority to play that game, even when south & Harlingen are in different classes. It’s like the opposite of Tinaco Bowl. 

Edcouch Elsa will likely be 4A next realignment  if the trend continues with an upward cutoff number.