Lexington, KY

Frieda’s Boss

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Did you lose a bet? 

Winchell’s is solid for breakfast, not sure of any Bourbon tours nearby, Horsepark if you’re interested. 

I did a tour of Town Branch a couple of years ago and it was really cool. I know there's a couple of other distilleries in town, but I don't know if they're any good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Lexington is a nice town but if you're not there for bourbon or horses, there is absolutely nothing to do. 

Truth. As you descend into the airport, you see nothing but horse farms. The official signage in the airport concourse shows all the normal things like restrooms, baggage claim, etc and then also has Bourbon Store. When you pull out of the airport you drive on Secretariat Lane. I told my contacts there, "Man, y'all really lean heavy into this horses and bourbon thing, huh."

4 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Truth. As you descend into the airport, you see nothing but horse farms. The official signage in the airport concourse shows all the normal things like restrooms, baggage claim, etc and then also has Bourbon Store. When you pull out of the airport you drive on Secretariat Lane. I told my contacts there, "Man, y'all really lean heavy into this horses and bourbon thing, huh."

We were there a few years back on some bourbon and horses package.  Behind the scenes tours at some distilleries and horse farms.  Shit like that.

Anyway, we had an afternoon to kill and were trying to figure out what to do.  What already had the bourbon and hose thing covered.  At a loss, we ended up going to the mall.  We also drove around campus.  Saw a pack of mediocre looking girls and my wife was like "I thought they were SEC!!??"