Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Had a decent time at the Cotton Bowl. The ref lost control of the game in the 2nd half though. Lots of poor sportsmanship. But overall an enjoyable, inexpensive experience for my two girls. 

Was great weather, thought we played ok. Dominated play in the first, but were susceptible to runs all night long. Keeper made a bad play the directly led to the pk. #3 frustrated me the whole second half. Lots of skill, but kept losing it. Liked #14 who replaced him much better. Some good things, but not good enough to win. I say that but alap think we were slightly better overall. 

I have no clue what happened with ~10 minutes to go. The ref lost it. We were by the bench and the coach had the players clap for us which was cool. My son thought it was really cool. We left right after. My buddy got a picture with his son and Bobby Duncan and a few others. Wished for a better outcome, but fun overall. 

Yeah 3 was really frustrating. He wasn't communicating with others on the squad and almost knocked out a teammate trying to go for an obvious ball that wasn't his. 

On the 2nd goal, I told my oldest, "watch #4, it's going to go to him". Yep, goal.

I think the defense was too easily beat trying to track back. The keeper made a lot of great saves on some 1 on 1 situations.

I don't know about the final 10. It was really odd. I think the LFC lads got upset at the ref's calls so they went over to the bench area. I thought they were getting a mandated water break but the weather didn't seem to make that fit. It was not a good look though. The ref lost control way too early and the LFC manager should've calmed his boys down. 

11 hours ago, Jograves said:

Matip's contract runs out this summer. Would you re-sign him?

Simple calculation. Right now we have VvD and a question mark for a partner. Gomez showed me enough to think he could be it but he's been injured enough to think we need comp for insurance. My move would be to sign a "partner" type of CB for VvD. Then our 4 would be VvD, new signing, Gomez and Matip. Based on injury history there's competition and enough minutes there to make it make sense.

7 hours ago, maninblack said:

Simple calculation. Right now we have VvD and a question mark for a partner. Gomez showed me enough to think he could be it but he's been injured enough to think we need comp for insurance. My move would be to sign a "partner" type of CB for VvD. Then our 4 would be VvD, new signing, Gomez and Matip. Based on injury history there's competition and enough minutes there to make it make sense.

Are you leaving out the best CB in the world?

11 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’ve seen Matip’s deal running until 2020 in 3 different places. 

You're right. I'm a dumbass and read it wrong.

ETA: I read an article at some point over the weekend that had some Lovren going to Italy rumors and it said Matip runs out next summer and yada, yada, yada, I confused next summer with this summer. 

Edited by Jograves

23 hours ago, Jograves said:

Justice for the 96. 

Caught the last hour of the 30 for 30 reair last night on ESPN. The shit sandwich the families had to go through to clear their loved ones names still pisses me off. And Phil Scraton is a damn saint for all he did to help set the record straight. 

I also had forgotten that they said 41 of those that died could have been saved if they were given medical attention sooner. 

YNWA  

• Like 2