Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

We just started following EPL this season.  Liverpool is my son’s team.  My daughter liked Tottenham until she saw their badge (“Why is the stupid bird on a beach ball?”).  I think she’s come around to rooting for Pool, too.  

I considered rooting for Arsenal until I watched a few games.  Whiny, floppy drama queens.  No thanks.  Man U are the Yankees of EPL.  Nope.  Man City?  I love their style of soccer, but picking the top team just feels front-runnerish.  Tottenham?  Not rooting for a chicken.  Chelsea?  Are we talking Handler or Clinton?  Either way, NOPE.  Crystal Palace?  What the fuck?  Is this soccer or the fucking Wizard of Oz?  Watford?  There aren’t any moose in England, dipshits.  Nope.  Wolves, Cardiff, Burnley, Leicester?  Hahahahaha!  No. 

So... I suppose I’m a Liverpool fan by default.  But if The Wednesday ever gets promoted, I’m jumping ship.    

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He'll make the bench in a couple weeks and maybe come on as a late sub like Lovren came on last week to add more defensive options. I could also see him spelling some Joel in a match like Cardiff or Huddersfield. 

Likely. I hope we are up 3-0 when he comes in.

Remember how thin we got last year the further we advanced in the CL? We had some shitty draws against mediocre opponents as the league drew to a close. That can't happen this year as we're still playing for two trophies. It'll be all hands on deck the last month of the season and everyone will need to be at their best, if we get by Porto.

Edited by Jograves

2 hours ago, Jograves said:

If we advance in the CL, he'll definitely play before the year is out. Our defensive record was better when he played. 

His athleticism really helps TAA on the right side imo. Allows Virgil to stay more central and not have to help out wide. 

Chelsea plays at West Ham today, at some team in Prague on Thursday and then at Anfield on Sunday. Three games in less than 7 days is no joke and all three on the road is even more difficult. 

Hopefully they'll be cashed by the time Sunday comes. 

Gini needs a breather. As F4H pointed out last match, he's played a ton of minutes for both club and country this year.

Re: Lovren, I'm not surprised. I think someone on Twitter mentioned he might start yesterday or the day before. It makes sense. He needs  to get match fit and he played well against Porto last year. The match is at home and he'll have plenty of support. Perfect time to get him a start.