Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

Since silly season discussion has begun here's my take. This summer will be defined much more by the players leaving than the players coming in.

Incoming: Forward, AM, FB, CB, K (Maybe)

1.) Forward: I think we need a versatile Forward that Klopp trusts to rotate with the front 3. 

2.) AM: We need a creative threat to play with K8A and Fabinho. This was supposed to be Fekir until knee concerns cropped up and the need for creativity in our MF still exists.

3.) FB: Need a left footed FB to deputize Robertson. It'd be even better if he was versatile enough to cover for TAA as well.

4.) CB: Need a 4th to go with VvD, Jomez & Matip. 

5.) K: If we don't give Kelleher the spot to deputize then we'll need to bring in a backup

Number 1 and 2 are the most significant needs in my mind and where I'd spend the most $$$ as those 2 will be expected to play the most. 

Outgoing: A whole lot of dudes. Our wage bill is actually quite high and I'd expect the following to hit the bricks. 

Forward:

Mane: Keep

Firmino: Keep

Salah: Keep

Shaqiri: Keep

Ings: Soton staying up triggered his sale. We'll get in the neighborhood of 20M which is amazing.

Sturridge: Free but takes 130K/week off wage bill

Origi: This one is up in the air but only has 1 year left on his contract and we won't get a better time to sell. He's also at a point in his career where I'd want regular minutes which he won't get at LFC. I'd imagine we get somewhere between 15-20M if sold. I think He's on about 70-80K/week.

Woodburn: Loan but I wouldn't care if we sold him with a buy back clause. Kid needs minutes to develop. He's in a rut.

Midfield:

Hendo: Keep

Gini: Keep

Ox: Keep

K8A: Keep

Fabinho: Keep

Lallana: Sell. He's scrap at this point and if we get 10M I'd jump at it. Selling removes 110K/week in wages.

Milner: Free with a clause that we can activate to keep one more season but I wouldn't do that. Milner is an aging passenger at LFC and is on 140K/week. I think we can find a better use for that money.

Defenders:

VvD: Keep

Gomez: Keep

Matip: Keep

Robbo: Keep

TAA: Keep

Lovren: Sell. Don't care what we get for him just get him out of a red shirt. Binning him removes 100K/week from the wage bill.

Moreno: Leaving on a free and will make available 65K/week.

Clyne: Sell for whatever we can get. I'd guess between 5-10M b/c he's English. That will take 70k/week off the payroll.

Keepers: 

Alisson: Keep

Kelleher: Keep

Mignolet: Looking for first team minutes means a sale for Waffles. He was a great teammate from all accounts this season while not seeing any action. We might get 5-10M for him but it'll also clear off 60K/week.

Karius: Let the kid go to greener pastures. We can probably get 15M of so in a sale for him I'd guess.

That's my thoughts and as you can see we'll have much more activity of players heading out than in but we're freeing up a massive amount of money from the wage bill. 

Klopp loves Lovren and so do his teammates (he speaks 6 languages so he can connect with anyone). Unless he pushes for a move I don’t see him leaving. 

Agreed with almost all your sales, I saw enough from Origi where I’d rather keep him over Shaqiri if it came down to selling one of the two. 

The rumor is Klopp was unhappy with Lovren after the Wolves FA Cup loss. I don't know to what extent or why entirely. Lovren injured himself in the first 5 minutes or whatever it was. I think the club was unhappy with him last summer too regarding an injury from the WC. Having said that, he's Salah's best friend on the team by all accounts and he's a good teammate like Firemans says. His injury record sucks though. Feels like he can't play more than 5 matches without picking up something. I don't have an issue with him staying when all is said and done this summer and I'd be surprised, if he's not here next year too.

There are a number of other periphery players that need to be addressed besides those listed. Camacho, Wilson, Kent, Grujic, etc. 

It does feel like we're working on the outside of the main contributors though, which is a pretty good problem to have. 

51 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Milner: Free with a clause that we can activate to keep one more season but I wouldn't do that. Milner is an aging passenger at LFC and is on 140K/week. I think we can find a better use for that money.

I agree with everything you said except for this, MB. Milner should be groomed for a coaching position and I hope he stays with the club forever.

I'd also entertain a scenario where we buy de Ligt from Ajax and loan him back similar to what we did with K8A. This would allow him to get regular minutes and Matip to see out his final year on contract. 

My fear with bringing in a big time young CB, like de Ligt, is blocking Gomez/Hoever and then not being able to strengthen elsewhere. It'd be a good problem to have but if the choice is a big spend on a AM or F versus another CB I'm choosing the former.

19 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
4 hours ago, Jograves said:
When you post stuff like this, can you please post a source so we can decide how seriously to take it?

Wish i could but on tapa so cant

Well, then at least state where you read it because shit like 'the bosses are urging Klopp to sign Neves' sounds bogus as fuck. 

Well, then at least state where you read it because shit like 'the bosses are urging Klopp to sign Neves' sounds bogus as fuck. 
Was scoping transfer news/rumors... That was title...transfer news be crazy yo, its got smoke or its fake as shit

Ok, but there's still a source... uh, yo.
But I'm not going to bother with this anymore. Do whatever.
Just google liverpool neves ...a few articles pop up but it appears the initial "bosses" tagline on whichever site was transfer hyperbole

I dont know which site it was because i hit a few while scoping...but i dont bother posting the ones that seem fake.
Or else we would have mane to real for 200 mil or bale to liverpool bs posted

So now you're using your own ranking system to assess the validity of these rumors, but still haven't said where you saw it? Good grief.
406- Sorry I didn't heed your warning...
No im having a discussion lol....i told you i dont remember in earlier post
Do your own legwork lol...
If i google a story and it has articles from skysports/espn/etc vs daily express/joesport.com/ i will use that info to rate viability

And I asked that in the future, you at least say where you saw it, so we can assess for ourselves instead of taking you at your word. But then, you turn around and do it again in the CL thread with news of Kane and the La Liga Prez. Shit, just say, 'I saw on ESPN Harry Kane said he'll be ready.' That was all I requested. Why is this incomprehensible?

And then you tell me to do my own legwork on your posts? WTF? You said it. Why should I have to google anything? 

And I asked that in the future, you at least say where you saw it, so we can assess for ourselves instead of taking you at your word. But then, you turn around and do it again in the CL thread with news of Kane and the La Liga Prez. Shit, just say, 'I saw on ESPN Harry Kane said he'll be ready.' That was all I requested. Why is this incomprehensible?
And then you tell me to do my own legwork on your posts? WTF? You said it. Why should I have to google anything? 
Im not here to google shit for you.
Its not hard. I used to post screenshots but that wasnt well recieved

If you cant find the story about la liga prez then thats on you...it was top of page when i was looking for CL updates

Just now, Bone3421 said:

If you cant find the story about la liga prez then thats on you...it was top of page when i was looking for CL updates

If you post something that's news and not your opinion, use a source. It's not hard. Otherwise you're just talking shit and that's how it'll be received. I'm actually trying to do you a favor here. 

If you post something that's news and not your opinion, use a source. It's not hard. Otherwise you're just talking shit and that's how it'll be received. I'm actually trying to do you a favor here. 
Im not in the need of a favor...you dont like having a conversation about things posted or dont want to bother typing it into google thats fine with me...i will kill my time where i choose to kill my time and not bother with the sensitive ones

10 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
13 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Im not in the need of a favor...you dont like having a conversation about things posted or dont want to bother typing it into google thats fine with me...i will kill my time where i choose to kill my time and not bother with the sensitive ones

Never used the ignore feature but maybe I should start.

Never used the ignore feature but maybe I should start.
Go ahead...then maybe we can just talk about Liverpool instead of worrying about if posted transfer rumors are legit during the most shit throwing time of the year

Go reds!!! Make it 6 on the 1st

6 hours ago, maninblack said:

Since silly season discussion has begun here's my take. This summer will be defined much more by the players leaving than the players coming in.

Incoming: Forward, AM, FB, CB, K (Maybe)

1.) Forward: I think we need a versatile Forward that Klopp trusts to rotate with the front 3. 

2.) AM: We need a creative threat to play with K8A and Fabinho. This was supposed to be Fekir until knee concerns cropped up and the need for creativity in our MF still exists.

3.) FB: Need a left footed FB to deputize Robertson. It'd be even better if he was versatile enough to cover for TAA as well.

4.) CB: Need a 4th to go with VvD, Jomez & Matip. 

5.) K: If we don't give Kelleher the spot to deputize then we'll need to bring in a backup

Number 1 and 2 are the most significant needs in my mind and where I'd spend the most $$$ as those 2 will be expected to play the most. 

Outgoing: A whole lot of dudes. Our wage bill is actually quite high and I'd expect the following to hit the bricks. 

Forward:

Mane: Keep

Firmino: Keep

Salah: Keep

Shaqiri: Keep

Ings: Soton staying up triggered his sale. We'll get in the neighborhood of 20M which is amazing.

Sturridge: Free but takes 130K/week off wage bill

Origi: This one is up in the air but only has 1 year left on his contract and we won't get a better time to sell. He's also at a point in his career where I'd want regular minutes which he won't get at LFC. I'd imagine we get somewhere between 15-20M if sold. I think He's on about 70-80K/week.

Woodburn: Loan but I wouldn't care if we sold him with a buy back clause. Kid needs minutes to develop. He's in a rut.

Midfield:

Hendo: Keep

Gini: Keep

Ox: Keep

K8A: Keep

Fabinho: Keep

Lallana: Sell. He's scrap at this point and if we get 10M I'd jump at it. Selling removes 110K/week in wages.

Defenders:

VvD: Keep

Gomez: Keep

Matip: Keep

Robbo: Keep

TAA: Keep

Lovren: Sell. Don't care what we get for him just get him out of a red shirt. Binning him removes 100K/week from the wage bill.

Moreno: Leaving on a free and will make available 65K/week.

Clyne: Sell for whatever we can get. I'd guess between 5-10M b/c he's English. That will take 70k/week off the payroll.

Keepers: 

Alisson: Keep

Kelleher: Keep

Mignolet: Looking for first team minutes means a sale for Waffles. He was a great teammate from all accounts this season while not seeing any action. We might get 5-10M for him but it'll also clear off 60K/week.

Karius: Let the kid go to greener pastures. We can probably get 15M of so in a sale for him I'd guess.

That's my thoughts and as you can see we'll have much more activity of players heading out than in but we're freeing up a massive amount of money from the wage bill. 

Good stuff, notice you have Woodburn but not Brewster.  I get the feeling that Klopp likes Divock and Brewster and may call it a day unless someone comes available.  Depending on wages/pt wants, I like having Milner around.  

Think long-term this is an important window.  Think we need to get at least one player who is a bang on starter in a couple years, preferably up front. Those guys are putting on a lot of miles and I could see a steep decline.  Of course we're putting ourselves in a position where recruitment (with playing time available) won't be an issue. 

28 minutes ago, pied said:

Good stuff, notice you have Woodburn but not Brewster.  I get the feeling that Klopp likes Divock and Brewster and may call it a day unless someone comes available.  Depending on wages/pt wants, I like having Milner around.  

Think long-term this is an important window.  Think we need to get at least one player who is a bang on starter in a couple years, preferably up front. Those guys are putting on a lot of miles and I could see a steep decline.  Of course we're putting ourselves in a position where recruitment (with playing time available) won't be an issue. 

I only picked guys that were on the roster @ Transfermarkt and on loan. I know he likes Brewster but I don't see Brewster being #2 next year. He'll get some minutes with the first team but most of his development will still be with the U23s. I'm not opposed to keeping Origi but Klopp hasn't shown the trust in him to rotate him much without injury. Origi is also at the point in his career where minutes are going to be very important and he won't get them at LFC.

Im not sure they make a big move this window...like mentioned above Brewster is a klopp favorite and we get Ox back.
With Liverpool spending 200mil last few windows i think we stay as is

If they go on to sell lovren,lallana or whoever they feel is redundant then i can see them going after werner,neves rumors

20 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Why would we let 27 year old Matip leave on a free transfer next summer? That’s terrible asset management, we’re not Arsenal. 

Matip has been very good this season playing alongside VvD, and he's actually managed to say healthy, but there's no way he should be our first choice CB pairing. In a more typical season where he's start-stop due to always picking up knocks, he's not very good IMO. I could also see him wanting guaranteed first-team football and again, I don't think he warrants it at Liverpool. He's worth keeping around but I'm not sure what his wages are, so if the options are sell him now for a fee or keep him for another year and let him go on a Bosman, I don't think it's terrible asset management to get another season out of him and let him go.

I'm a little surprised people aren't more interested in upgrading at CB. I like Gomez a lot but he's got major issues staying on the field. If you can sign De Ligt, you sign him and let let the chips fall where they may. Developing Gomez is a priority but between a massive fixtures list and inevitable injuries, he'll get playing time. 

I absolutely want Brewster and Harry Wilson to get some looks but we could really do with a Julian Brandt type to spell our attackers. Another option up top for the front 3 and a first-XI CB and let's call it a day for the incomings.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

At the very least if you aren't going to link the story/source at least type in the fucking message where you got the info from. It's common fucking courtesy. 

I'm not as concerned about Matip's injuries as some on here are. He had the collarbone fracture this year but that was it. He's played 30 matches this year and no muscular injuries. That's a pretty good season. In 17/18 he had that long hamstring injury and a couple of small muscle injuries and in 16/17 an ankle injury. I think the injuries were magnified due to their timing; they all occurred around the Christmas period when we needed him most. Other than that, it's all small stuff, per transfrmkt.  

You give Matip a 2 or 3 year extension this summer and worse case sell him next summer for €30m. Letting him go on Bosman is idioitic. Koulibaily is going to go for €80+m this summer and wasn’t noticeably better than matip in 2019. And yes, FSG needs to be going for De Ligt full force. 

• Like 1

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-clinch-transfer-deal-polish-16314607

Liverpool are closing in on a £200,000 deal for highly-rated young Polish goalkeeper Jakub Ojrzynski.

The 16-year-old shot-stopper will make the move from Legia Warsaw this summer after the Reds won the race for his signature

The Poland Under-16s international had also attracted interest from the likes of Manchester United, Valencia and Juventus.

13 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

You give Matip a 2 or 3 year extension this summer and worse case sell him next summer for €30m. Letting him go on Bosman is idioitic. Koulibaily is going to go for €80+m this summer and wasn’t noticeably better than matip in 2019. And yes, FSG needs to be going for De Ligt full force. 

This is the correct answer and consistent with Klopp's mentality. Spot a player you want. Splash the cash. If he doesn't come, so be it. Don't jump around buying all players available (and end up like Manure)

53 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

You keep saying that like he has to sign it. 

54 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

That's a great plan, if he re-signs.

41 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This is the correct answer and consistent with Klopp's mentality. Spot a player you want. Splash the cash. If he doesn't come, so be it. Don't jump around buying all players available (and end up like Manure)

I'll remind you we tried this with Can as well and he didn't sign. There's two sides to this coin. If Matip stays he's likely not first choice over Gomez and wouldn't be over de Ligt if he came. He'll most likely be looking for first team football which isn't close to a guarantee here. If Gomez doesn't get hurt this year he probably sees almost zero playing time. Unless he's stupid he probably realizes this. 

If you can extend him at a reasonable cost then great but just to assume he'll extend is foolish.

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

I'm a little surprised people aren't more interested in upgrading at CB. I like Gomez a lot but he's got major issues staying on the field. If you can sign De Ligt, you sign him and let let the chips fall where they may. Developing Gomez is a priority but between a massive fixtures list and inevitable injuries, he'll get playing time. 

I agree with this but like I said earlier if the choice came down to a Depay/Fernandes or de Ligt I'm going with the attacker. Maybe it won't but if we do end up with de Ligt I'll be very happy.