VolenteHawk

We're BACK!

My season longs...

Twins OVER 81.5 -145

Cardinals UNDER 84.5 -115

Brewers OVER 90.5 -125

Mariners UNDER 84.5 -115

Athletics OVER 67.5 +105

Opening day plays (as in previous years lay a unit on a dog, lay to win a unit on a favorite)...

Houston +102

Cleveland -120

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thoughts on tonight's games, and early playoff bets?  I admittedly don't bet much baseball, but it would be fun to have some small action going for the games tonight, I just have no idea where to start.  

I guess I'll carry the torch for VolenteHawk for a bit ...

Ended up doing a parlay on Dodgers to win & the over on 7.5 runs.  Dodgers won 5-3 (if I'm not careful I'll convince myself that I'm good at this).

• 2 weeks later...

@VolenteHawk As a baseball bettor, you might know the answer to this

Mattress Mac bet $10 million on the Astros winning the World Series at 7 1/2 to 1 earlier in the season. Stands to win $75M. I know it’s a hedge on his furniture promotion so a buyout probably wouldn’t work but I’m wondering how much the sports books would give him. The Astros are -180 to win it all. I’m guessing maybe $50M

On 10/24/2022 at 12:44 AM, TonyTexas said:

@VolenteHawk As a baseball bettor, you might know the answer to this

That's really more of a risk management question, and he didn't get all that down in the same place so it will vary by book.  If a book could attract enough bets on other teams, they'd theoretically have the ability to offset Astros exposure but I have no idea how big the handle is for MLB futures overall...like how easy is it for the market to kill $75M in risk.

As it relates to baseball, if the market as a whole couldn't offset Astros futures then -190 is probably a little bit inflated to attract Phillies money, which would imply some value on the Phillies.  I don't know that that's true or not, but baseball is so random that you're almost obligated to take +175 or better.  Similar to how Super Bowl odds get out of what.  That attracts so much money, and it's heavily skewed to the point spread favorite and money line dog...pushing you to almost always like the price of the money line favorite.

• Hook 'Em 1