ESPNU radio

markstanco

You will find your life is much better when you give up sports talk radio and listen to music.

I used to listen to everything but then I realized I don't give a shit when "Dave" calls in to ask "Who do you think the back up QB for the Bills will be this year".

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You will find your life is much better when you give up sports talk radio and listen to music.

I used to listen to everything but then I realized I don't give a shit when "Dave" calls in to ask "Who do you think the back up QB for the Bills will be this year".

I actually like Dusty and Danny in the morning (Dusty ousux Dvoracek and Danny Kanell) because they talk about random stuff on there that is funny.  If it was 100% sports I would not listen.  Probably 60-75% sports.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

I actually like Dusty and Danny in the morning (Dusty ousux Dvoracek and Danny Kanell) because they talk about random stuff on there that is funny.  If it was 100% sports I would not listen.  Probably 60-75% sports.

Interesting. I'm completely opposite. If I tune into a sports radio program, I want to listen to people discussing sports. I couldn't give two shits about their personal lives, inside jokes, personalities, etc. If I want that sort of stuff, I'll tune into Howard or one of the other talk or specialty satellite channels. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Interesting. I'm completely opposite. If I tune into a sports radio program, I want to listen to people discussing sports. I couldn't give two shits about their personal lives, inside jokes, personalities, etc. If I want that sort of stuff, I'll tune into Howard or one of the other talk or specialty satellite channels. 

I'm with you on this. 

When I'm excited about Texas in a sport, I listen to XM84 avidly. When Texas is sucking balls, especially during football season, I can't even turn it on. Sucks.

Packer was incapable of doing anything but saccharine. He'd never take a strong position regarding anything of controversy other than wishing things would never change. He was low on historical accuracy. He never has had a critical thing to say about a coach unless everyone else was already saying it. To call him a Clemson homer would be doing a disservice to homers. The people calling into his show were some of the most uninformed pollyannas of all time. I'm not surprised they decided they could do better. 

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm with you on this. 

When I'm excited about Texas in a sport, I listen to XM84 avidly. When Texas is sucking balls, especially during football season, I can't even turn it on. Sucks.

Packer was incapable of doing anything but saccharine. He'd never take a strong position regarding anything of controversy other than wishing things would never change. He was low on historical accuracy. He never has had a critical thing to say about a coach unless everyone else was already saying it. To call him a Clemson homer would be doing a disservice to homers. The people calling into his show were some of the most uninformed pollyannas of all time. I'm not surprised they decided they could do better. 

Longhorn Jeff.. is that you?

I wasn't a huge fan of the show, but at least it was usually listenable since it didn't have the annoying formula radio troll that ESPN loves to include.  Rick Neuheisel could have interesting takes, but his idiot cohost would always soon prompt a channel change.

Edited by clapclapclap

All the sudden, just like that on a random Wednesday, Mark Packer is off the air and gone. I see nothing on the inner webs. He had a great show for everything college football.

Sirius used to have Bill King in the AM and he was fantastic with college football, he left when the mothership took over channel 84. Now with Pack gone, it’s a clown show