Jump to content

Texas @ West Virginia Series Thread


Horny Bull
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

WTF was Scott staring at after whiffing horribly?

You would be surprised how many players do that. I always thought it was a macho man thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zlavydra said:

So that's how you cut down your swing and still hit the ball hard with 2 strikes.

3 true outcomes dude...get outta here with you wanting us to "shorten up and go get it."  Charlie Lau/1970's called and want their hitting strategy back.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

3 true outcomes dude...get outta here with you wanting us to "shorten up and go get it."  Charlie Lau/1970's called and want their hitting strategy back.

Like I commented, assuming radio pbp guy is correct, we have the top 3 HR hitters in the B12. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Like I commented, assuming radio pbp guy is correct, we have the top 3 HR hitters in the B12. 

He's correct. I don't mind swinging for the fences - it works quite a bit. There are certain situations that warrant altering the batter's approach. That's all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zlavydra said:

He's correct. I don't mind swinging for the fences - it works quite a bit. There are certain situations that warrant altering the batter's approach. That's all.

I was kinda joking.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Strikeouts Game 26—Buddy Schultz, Miami (OH) vs. Wright St., April 3, 1971

yep. while looking this up I saw this

Innings Pitched in a Game.  BOTH pitchers went 20 innings.  fucking nuts. ended in 1-1 tie because of darkness. article says they pitchers think they threw about 700 pitches combined including warm up and between innings.

20.0—Jeff Gingrich, San Jose St. vs. Long Beach St., March 30, 1973; Ruben Patton, Long Beach St. vs. San Jose St., March 30,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Daly has been making good contact today 

Yep, first AB was bad (2-0 pop up), but his last 2 ABs he's hit the ball hard, and both right up the middle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...