Woman catches STD having sex with dude in his car. Sues Geico for $5.2M.

crash_davis

28 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Serious q: is hpv really that bad if erryone in US gets it?

From google: “HPV infections are very common. Nearly everyone will get HPV at some point in their lives. More than 42 million Americans are currently infected with HPV types that cause disease. About 13 million Americans, including teens, become infected each year.“

I think it's the ties to cervical cancer that are the big issue for women. Which is why we have Guardasil now. 

19 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

International visitors who spend time in the US are amazed by how many lawyer commercials there are on TV. Definitely a US centric bragging right.

Yeah, for better or worse, Americans have access to the courts like no other country.

On 6/8/2022 at 9:05 PM, TwiceHorn said:

GEICO filed a coverage DJ and apparently lost that, also protesting that the private arbitration deprived them of any ability to participate.  https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ksd.135859/gov.uscourts.ksd.135859.49.0.pdf

Curious to know why you believe GEICO lost the federal court dec. relief action.  One of the recent KC-area newspaper articles linked in one of the other posts said that the declaratory relief action is still ongoing and, if decided in GEICO's favor, would probably result in a finding that GEICO is not obligated to indemnify the Missouri state court judgment.  Is there some updated information indicating that GEICO also lost its federal lawsuit on the merits?

The order linked in your post was simply a partial grant/partial denial of the two fuckers' (literally) request to proceed anonymously in the dec. relief action.  It didn't decide any substantive insurance coverage issues. 

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Curious to know why you believe GEICO lost the federal court dec. relief action.  One of the recent KC-area newspaper articles linked in one of the other posts said that the declaratory relief action is still ongoing and, if decided in GEICO's favor, would probably result in a finding that GEICO is not obligated to indemnify the Missouri state court judgment.  Is there some updated information indicating that GEICO also lost its federal lawsuit on the merits?

The order linked in your post was simply a partial grant/partial denial of the two fuckers' (literally) request to proceed anonymously in the dec. relief action.  It didn't decide any substantive insurance coverage issues. 

I assumed that the whole genesis of the OPs article is loss of the coverage suit.  But it's a pretty fuct up article, so who knows.

I tried getting the whole docket from courtlistener, but failed the first time.  I now backed up the URL and see that it was transferred to Missouri in February.  https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ksd.135859/gov.uscourts.ksd.135859.93.0.pdf

I suppose that's enough time to render a judgment in a coverage suit, but maybe not.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suppose that's enough time to render a judgment in a coverage suit, but maybe not.

Thanks for the info about the venue transfer.  Given that the transfer only occurred about 4 months ago, I would be very surprised if the coverage action has been resolved in the meantime.  If that court is as backed up due to criminal matters and COVID as the fed courts out here in CA, it'll be a while before things are resolved.