Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

Stadium update: There will be an official statement from the club soon, hopefully tomorrow. They are meeting with the stadium contractors to get an update. But there has been some leaks on some news from the past couple of days.

Interestingly enough, the team has listed games as being played in the stadium on the schedule https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matches/first-team/ starting with the Watford match. How official is that? Unknown.

First off, the team still needs to host 2 more test events, which are going to be the biggest hurdles for them to get the stadium opened. This is where they have faced their biggest problems as other London games have causes issues with them getting them done.

Additional word is that the police would block a mid-week opening, especially if the game is a big game, due to unknown security status. That absolutely wipes out the Champions League game against Dortmund (Feb 13). They also have said they will not let the Arsenal game be the opener for the same reason. It does sound like these can be game #2 at the stadium though.

There is talk that the date at worst will be the Palace game on March 16th. Clearly the team wants it earlier, the only question is will they be able to?

It's a close call is what I'll say. It could go both ways. Chelsea put it into the hands of the refs and to me that's the biggest problem. Who is that, Alonzo?, that justs gives up on the play?  Letting Dele run free, he forces the keeper to engage Kane who sets up and sells that foul like a used car salesman. 

https://streamable.com/8x36h

1-0 isn't a big home win. Especially since the EFL doesnt use away goals.

Get fucked? What are we, the Arsenal fans that cry and write dissertations when any other fans dare try to post in their thread?

First of all.  I have no idea what the reputation Mace Construction has but it should be absolute shit after this.   Not sure how you blame Levy.  He's not wiring the stadium but whomever is head of construction on the Tottenham side should be absolutely fired.

More importantly.  I had planned to go to the ManC game back in the fall but pushed it to the Arsenal game in March thinking for sure they'd have the stadium open by March.  SO based on the below statement should I go ahead and see us play the gypsies from South London at Wembley or push back again to see the Cardiff game at WHL 2.0?  

Their next home game after that would be a Premier League game against north London rivals Arsenal on 2 March, but it is considered highly unlikely police or safety advisory groups would want that to be the first game at a new ground.

That would mean the game against Crystal Palace on 16 March could be Tottenham's first at their new home.

10 hours ago, texanbychoice said:

Any Chelsea (or any) fan hanging their frustration on that picture/call can get fucked. Literally trying to parse an inch from a still picture from 30 yards away.

I hope to get fucked.

Past that I couldn't care less about the outcome of this game as who gives a shit about the outcome.  That being said, when we have a call decided by VAR to decide a much larger game, I'd hope that it was working.

As far as Alonso, he certainly holds some blame and players need to be coached like in American Football where you pick up the football and run to the endzone as a defender.

3 hours ago, midtown said:

First of all.  I have no idea what the reputation Mace Construction has but it should be absolute shit after this.   Not sure how you blame Levy.  He's not wiring the stadium but whomever is head of construction on the Tottenham side should be absolutely fired.

More importantly.  I had planned to go to the ManC game back in the fall but pushed it to the Arsenal game in March thinking for sure they'd have the stadium open by March.  SO based on the below statement should I go ahead and see us play the gypsies from South London at Wembley or push back again to see the Cardiff game at WHL 2.0?  

Their next home game after that would be a Premier League game against north London rivals Arsenal on 2 March, but it is considered highly unlikely police or safety advisory groups would want that to be the first game at a new ground.

That would mean the game against Crystal Palace on 16 March could be Tottenham's first at their new home.

If the first match in the new stadium is March 16, that means they would play a whopping 5 PL matches in the new stadium this season.  I suppose 5 is better than none, but why not just eat crow and stay at Wembley all season?

41 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Damn.

Hell of a play and pass to set up that goal. Trippier fucked that up bad too.

Trippier/Davies is a pretty unathletic fullback combo when you’re playing a very athletic team that wants to counter you.

Edited by Schulz2.0