Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

And Spurs won't sell. Other guys I worry about - Kane, not really.

I hear you but $250 mil sure would go a looooong way.

The pitch looks awesome.  There are pics of the grow lights on it today.  Ill try to track down.

Edited by midtown

1 hour ago, midtown said:

I hear you but $250 mil sure would go a looooong way.

The pitch looks awesome.  There are pics of the grow lights on it today.  Ill try to track down.

$250m doesn’t go that far anymore. There’s also the issue that we need homegrown players to meet PL and CL/EL roster quotas. 

Can y'all give me a link or reasons to become a Spurs fan by answering some of these? I want my kids to become fans of a team but do not know much about them. My kids want to root for FCB but I want UK family vacation trips(for dad golf). 

Are their fans known to fit a certain social profile?

Are they known for any traditions?

Rival or important historical moments?

Favorite and/or best player?

Any specifics of why not to root for them?

Not Tottenham specific, any dark horse premier league teams I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Goodman

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Can y'all give me a link or reasons to become a Spurs fan by answering some of these? I want my kids to become fans of a team but do not know much about them. My kids want to root for FCB but I want UK family vacation trips(for dad golf). 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Thanks in advance.

this would also be a good place to start:

• Like 2

Why? Because Glory, Glory Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs are located in a very Jewish area in London. While their fans probably not as Jewish as they once were, they identify as such, even when they aren't. As a whole their fans are pretty much like every other EPL team, especially the London based ones.

Tons. The videos have told a few. Watch the team and you will see more.

Rival? Any London based club. Primarily Arsenal - their stadiums are just a few miles apart - the hatred is mutual.

Historical moments? Lots. They've won Championships and were the first English club to win a European title.

My favorite right now is Christian Eriksen.

The best player on the team now: either Dele Alli or Harry Kane, depending on how you define best.

Because they haven't won anything in a decade. Their last trophy was 2008. They haven't won the EPL since before we were all born (and certainly since any of us have been following Spurs).

But that also leads to WHY to root for them - because they are on the rise. The EPL is a league of haves and have nots. Spurs are in the haves and have been improving, others - not so much.

No. I've found EPL soccer to be like the NCAA, you pretty much root for one team and hate the rest.

My biggest thing, watch the games. When you go to England, watch them in person - that will change everything.

(recorded by your truly across the street from White Hart Lane the last time Arsenal lost there)

• Like 1

Spurs at 10 AM here in Boston, Texas-OU at Noon, what more can you want?

GAME DAY BOYS!!! COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!
Yankees Friday. Spurs at 9am. Texas at 11am. And my daughters FC at 2pm. I'll be changing colors left and right this wknd

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk