RPM

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

it’s not an opinion, it’s science: 

Maura Tierney > Elaine 

Dave Foley > Jerry 

Phil Hartman > George 

Stephen Root > Kramer 

Larry David > all of them

News Radio was good comedy but Seinfeld's situational comedy writing was just on another level from everyone. 

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

it’s not an opinion, it’s science: 

Maura Tierney > Elaine 

Dave Foley > Jerry 

Phil Hartman > George 

Stephen Root > Kramer 

You’re wrong, of course, but you have a right to your own opinion. If you’re comparing hotness of women, Seinfeld crushes NewsRadio and it’s not even close. Seinfeld pushed the envelope, NewsRadio didn’t. There’s no analog on NewsRadio to The Contest or The Outing (NTTAWWT). And comparing Stephen Root to Michael Richards (or Jimmy James to Kramer...get it right...do you even know the names of the characters in NewsRadio?) is apples to oranges. Stephen Root doesn’t do physical comedy. See the scene in The Sniffing Accountant episode of Seinfeld when Kramer chugs a beer while smoking a cigarette. That’s unparalleled.

3rd Rock From The Sun was as good as NewsRadio. Seinfeld was in a different league. 

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Well Newsradio was created by Paul Simms, who also made the Larry Sanders show, Flight of the Concords, and Atlanta. 

I will die on this hill. 

I’m pretty sure Garry Shandling had a little something to do with creating The Larry Sanders Show.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

3rd Rock from the Sun doesn't get the recognition today it deserves. That was a fun and well done screwball comedy

There are still reruns in syndication. It’s still hilarious.

Such a great cast and great writing. I remember thinking, “What is John Lithgow doing in a sitcom?” It usually takes a few episodes for a sitcom to establish itself but I got that from the start. I don’t think it would’ve worked without Lithgow’s over-the-top performance as Dick Solomon. Casting Jane Curtin as his love interest was perfect.

And they had great guest stars like Jan Hooks, and John Cleese. And William Shatner as The Big Giant Head. 

• 1 month later...