Oven/range - what do I want

19 minutes ago, Okie State said:

I got my $3,200 KitchenAid fridge new in box from a Sears Outlet for $1,800. Also put a scratch and dent (dent was on the side and not visible) JennAir gas range in our old house for about 60% of retail.

Used to be a good scratch/dent place on westheimer.  Almost all of it was dents on the back side, top, etc.   Didn’t need anything at the time, though. 

9 hours ago, 52-80 said:

If cooking super splattery stuff i just spread newspaper across the induction top. Magnet works through the paper. Voila - no cleanup. 

You can wok with a flat-bottom wok. I have a small propane stove for round wok (and previously used it on charcoal grill). Doesnt make a real difference because “real” chinese wok cooks use mega burners, but most many use flat bottom with standard burners like we do at home. 

There are wok rings for induction cooktops as well.  Mine is a flat-bottom wok, and I can use it, but I don't recall how great the immediacy of heat distribution up the sides is.

As an adult I've only had electric ranges, and have always hated them and dreamed about getting a gas range.  We are temporarily in a house with a gas range, and holy hell does it heat the hell out of the kitchen, which is no bueno when the ac is already running 24/7 to keep it tolerable with all the blinds and curtains shut.  I'm definitely looking more into induction when we build.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

That seems to be a common theme I'm reading here. I am taking solace in the fact that I'm guessing most of you all with that complaint live in Texas? That may be a feature and not a bug for us in Michigan. 

Yeah, same here.  When it's below zero outside, a little extra heat isn't so bad.

I'm in Hawaii, really shouldn't be worrying about this shit but I am. I'm so frustrated with the PM on the remodel. The subs are all fantastic but he is full of shit. Just be honest and communicate with me man. Tell me why you can't get the plumbing roughed in. He has alluded 3x to delays being caused by the inability to make a draw against the loan with the CU. Bullshit. Talk to your ex wife who runs the accounting in your office. We had this straightened out a month ago but apparently you never asked her about it and decided to delay services instead. This project was 3.5 years in inception and I have been adamant the entire time the interior work needs to happen in summer due to school considerations in re to my wife and kids. Yet they didn't start tearing the kitchen out until 7/6 (done the next day) and it has sat idle since. I told him 3 months ago we were going to HI for 2 weeks and gave him dates yet the house has been sitting untouched for a week since we left. I sent him a Karen email that was entirely fair. Fucking frustrated. 

Ironically enough the condo I am staying in for the next 5 days has all Bosch appliances in the kitchen. They kinda look and feel cheap to me? I haven't used the dishwasher yet. Range is induction. Look at this stupid water dispenser on the refrigerator. Anyone spot the issue aside from the wrong logo on the cup?PXL_20230805_074429270.thumb.jpg.6637502d50e9d31dc7ac6d35ec7acfc1.jpgPXL_20230805_212815113.thumb.jpg.c7e7ac25190ac64b41e65fe135a971bc.jpg