Oregon @ Georgia 2:30 ABC

WBT

2 hours ago, slorch said:

This game sucks and is a fantastic preview of what the superconference concept has done  and will do to college football.

Oregon doesn't even belong on the same field with UGA and it's not even close; and none of that is some great ode to player development in Athens.

Lol yea I feel so bad for poor Oregon they’re at such a recruiting disadvantage with their severely limited resources 😢

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol yea I feel so bad for poor Oregon they’re at such a recruiting disadvantage with their severely limited resources 😢

I wasn't feeling sorry for the Ducks, but rather college football fans in general.

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

This has nothing to do with super conferences though. Oregon has every resource at their disposal regardless of conference. 

It has everything to do with it.  they have the resources, but they're not playing/ contending for natties.  You are making my point. The great players are going to a handful of teams because of it.  Whatever the opposite of parity is, that's what we're getting.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

It has everything to do with it.  they have the resources, but they're not playing/ contending for natties.  You are making my point. The great players are going to a handful of teams because of it.  Whatever the opposite of parity is, that's what we're getting.

There's three teams, and then the next tier pretty far behind. Second tier needs it all to align at the right time and if you're not in the second tier, fuck off. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

20 hours ago, slorch said:

CFB already had less parity than any other major sport.  Latest changes will only make that worse.  Does anyone disagree?

34 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

CFB already had less parity than any other major sport.  Latest changes will only make that worse.  Does anyone disagree?

NIL might actually spread the talent out more, but I could see it going either way.  The few teams that are heads above the competition got that way by dropping 💰

Removing or expanding initial counters is definitely a bad choice.   Pretty sure the portal is bad for parity.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I disagree.   Now that more teams will have access, you'll be seeing recruits factoring in playing time into their decision of which school to sign with.  The new 12 team format was the best the Pac 12, ACC and Big 12 could have hoped for recently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

I disagree.   Now that more teams will have access, you'll be seeing recruits factoring in playing time into their decision of which school to sign with.  The new 12 team format was the best the Pac 12, ACC and Big 12 could have hoped for recently. 

Agreed. You won't have to go to Bama, OSU, UGA or Clemson to showcase your talents in the playoffs. Other schools can legitimately offer a shot at the playoffs. Not just a pipe dream.

And all it takes is one cinderella  playoff run to get everyone excited.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, JBJ said:

NIL might actually spread the talent out more, but I could see it going either way.  The few teams that are heads above the competition got that way by dropping 💰

Removing or expanding initial counters is definitely a bad choice.   Pretty sure the portal is bad for parity.

12 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

I hope you’re right.  Imo it’s heading towards the 2 major conferences having so much more money than others that only the top of those have any real shot.  NIL is great but how can teams from 2 conferences get 100M each and the other conferences 25M or so lead to more parity?