Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

What you people don't realize is that she is walking Donald Trump into impeachment by design. There's politics involved. She has to provide cover for her members from red districts.

They are going to do it. It's just going to take time.

Don’t believe it. 

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Except they aren't doing nothing, they just aren't doing what you want.

They’re not doing nothing.

They’re sacrificing a whole lot just to win the next election so everyone can go back to not paying attention again and act like Trump never happened.  

Only the incompetent democrats could create an environment where impeaching an obviously criminal and dangerous president of the opposing party would be politically disadvantageous.  

Great job Nancy!  Way to drive the narrative with the whole, “Trump is trying to get us to do the right thing which is exactly why we won’t do it.”

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They’re not doing nothing.

They’re sacrificing a whole lot just to win the next election so everyone can go back to not paying attention again and act like Trump never happened.  

Only the incompetent democrats could create an environment where impeaching an obviously criminal and dangerous president of the opposing party would be politically disadvantageous.  

Great job Nancy!  Way to drive the narrative with the whole, “Trump is trying to get us to do the right thing which is exactly why we won’t do it.”

Which is why they're going to impeach him. They have to get the politics right so they don't lose the House in the process.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What you people don't realize is that she is walking Donald Trump into impeachment by design. There's politics involved. She has to provide cover for her members from red districts.

They are going to do it. It's just going to take time.

She’s not going to impeach Trump.  It’s fucking obviously now and Nancy has telegraphed this every step of the way.   

5 minutes ago, tucker said:

Don’t believe it. 

Then think about how happy you'll be when they begin the process. Actually, they already have. That's what all of these subpoenas are about. The third article of impeachment against Nixon was about not complying with Congressional subpoenas.

Which is why they're going to impeach him. They have to get the politics right so they don't lose the House in the process.

If impeaching the president for brazen corruption causes voters to try and re-elect him or his cronies then we are truly broken and should just own it.

• Like 2

If doing the right thing in a democracy isn’t a political win, then the democracy isn’t worth saving. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She’s not going to impeach Trump.  It’s fucking obviously now and Nancy has telegraphed this every step of the way.   

That's so she can say Donald Trump has left her no choice when she goes in the other direction. It's a political rope a dope. He's walking right into it.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's so she can say Donald Trump has left her no choice when she goes in the other direction. It's a political rope a dope. He's walking right into it.

If this is her master plan she’s executing it poorly.  “We need to see where the facts lead us...” isn’t exactly leading anything.  It’s waiting for a good excuse to do nothing.  

Time isn’t on Pelosi’s side to wait around on impeachment.  If they began the process right now, it would be lucky to conclude by 2020.  

Pelosi thinks she can win without fighting, she might be right but history isn’t going to look kindly on her at all if this doesn’t work out. 

Check Trump now with impeachment, it will at least neuter him a little before a Senate acquittal vote.  

If this is her master plan she’s executing it poorly.  “We need to see where the facts lead us...” isn’t exactly leading anything.  It’s waiting for a good excuse to do nothing.  

Time isn’t on Pelosi’s side to wait around on impeachment.  If they began the process right now, it would be lucky to conclude by 2020.  

Pelosi thinks she can win without fighting, she might be right but history isn’t going to look kindly on her at all if this doesn’t work out. 

Check Trump now with impeachment, it will at least neuter him a little before a Senate acquittal vote.  

If they began the process right now, he might not get impeached at all. That's what she's dealing with with some of her caucus.

If they began the process right now, he might not get impeached at all. That's what she's dealing with with some of her caucus.

Then she is even more incompetent than I thought.  

She has the facts, evidence, law, and one of the biggest platforms in the country to put Trump on public trial.  Yet, with all those weapons at her disposal she lacks the confidence she could persuade enough people that Trump should be removed. 

That’s pathetic.

Then she is even more incompetent than I thought.  

She has the facts, evidence, law, and one of the biggest platforms in the country to put Trump on public trial.  Yet, with all those weapons at her disposal she lacks the confidence she could persuade enough people that Trump should be removed. 

That’s pathetic.

Does she? 

We'll see.

Does she? 

We'll see.

We are seeing and have been seeing.  It is May 2019 and the only real blockbuster public hearing we’ve had was Michael Cohen.  

That’s it!  They have no interest in fighting this administration except via hollow lip service and letters. 

We are seeing and have been seeing.  It is May 2019 and the only real blockbuster public hearing we’ve had was Michael Cohen.  

That’s it!  They have no interest in fighting this administration except via hollow lip service and letters. 

Right. It's only May 2019. 

On 5/5/2019 at 4:04 PM, UpperWestside said:

I'm okay with Pelosi exercising caution. I do fully believe Dotard has committed several impeachable offenses, but we all know that right now impeachment is solely a symbolic gesture. While it would indeed put every Republican on record as being on the wrong side of history by standing by Dotard, I do not see the time as being right yet to move forward with this.

Let the People's House commence and continue their current investigations into him. Put all of the evidence on the table about everything he has done. I think Pelosi is on the right track here. She is going to slow burn this asshole and his sycophants and I find that strategy to be a good one.

History will show a transparent attempt at entrapment. Create a Hoax, investigate with a biased team, when you don’t find anything to substantiate the Hoax....pivot to “convict” him of his angry response to a hoax investigation with a stacked deck against him.  Manufacture a crime when you can’t find one. Its fucking hilarious. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

History will show a transparent attempt at entrapment. Create a Hoax, investigate with a biased team, when you don’t find anything to substantiate the Hoax....pivot to “convict” him of his angry response to a hoax investigation with a stacked deck against him.  Manufacture a crime when you can’t find one. Its fucking hilarious. 

No, it won't. History is going to be very unkind to Donald Trump. 

24 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Well, it is Donald Trump we're talking about.

At first, it sounds crazy but what hasn't been crazy about this Presidency. Donald could play the victim card until he dies and continue to grift plus a perfect excuse not to run for re-election. 

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I would suggest letting it play out. Politics does not move at the speed of a 24 hour news cycle. 

Let's see what happens after McGahn and Mueller testify.

Look brah, I’m all for letting it play out but I’m observant enough to know Pelosi is squandering so many opportunities right now.  There are only few hundred Benghazi scandals in this administration she could hone in on while she waits for whatever it is she’s waiting for to go for the kill shot. 

Mueller handed her a bag full of smoking guns that the AG threw himself under the bus to cover up which is another scandal in itself. 

If the people we entrust with power don’t have the courage to use that power when necessary because of potential political consequences, why should we ever trust them with power again?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Look brah, I’m all for letting it play out but I’m observant enough to know Pelosi is squandering so many opportunities right now.  There are only few hundred Benghazi scandals in this administration she could hone in while she waits for whatever it is she’s waiting for to go for the kill shot. 

Mueller handed her a bag full of smoking guns that the AG threw himself under the bus to cover up which is another scandal in itself. 

If the people we entrust with power don’t have the courage to use that power when necessary because of potential political consequences, why should we ever trust them with power again?

Don't. Stop voting. Stay home.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Right. It's only May 2019. 

I'm afraid time is going to slip away quickly. The Ds seem to think that getting all their ducks in a row will give them a more favorable outcome in the courts. Maybe? IDK.

30 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look brah, I’m all for letting it play out but I’m observant enough to know Pelosi is squandering so many opportunities right now.  There are only few hundred Benghazi scandals in this administration she could hone in on while she waits for whatever it is she’s waiting for to go for the kill shot. 

So, would you say that Nancy Pelosi is not a Bad Ass MF and that you do not want her to be speaker?

Just now, F250 said:

So, would you say that Nancy Pelosi is not a Bad Ass MF and that you do not want her to be speaker?

At this moment in time we deserve better.  That assessment is subject to change just as it has changed from the time this thread was created when Paul Ryan was Speaker.  

Pelosi is and effective legislator and good at holding the party together.  She is horrible when it comes to political warfare which is a theater very few democrats are comfortable.  I have a hard time coming up with an alternative, not named Elizabeth Warren, to Pelosi on the democrats side to be the speaker we need right now. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

At this moment in time we deserve better.  That assessment is subject to change just as it has changed from the time this thread was created when Paul Ryan was Speaker.  

Pelosi is and effective legislator and good at holding the party together.  She is horrible when it comes to political warfare which is a theater very few democrats are comfortable.  I have a hard time coming up with an alternative, not named Elizabeth Warren, to Pelosi on the democrats side to be the speaker we need right now. 

This is who she is and always has been. She pulled the same shit in 2006 with the anti-war members of Congress. She publicly criticized the President regarding the war but didn't allow her caucus to make any "extreme" moves like vote for withdrawal or cut war funding that would endanger the Party's chances in 2008.

Same dance, different song.

This is who she is and always has been. She pulled the same shit in 2006 with the anti-war members of Congress. She publicly criticized the President regarding the war but didn't allow her caucus to make any "extreme" moves like vote for withdrawal or cut war funding that would endanger the Party's chances in 2008.

Pelosi either has a master plan or royally fucking up managing the story line. I lean to royally fucking it up.

53 minutes ago, F250 said:

How'd that 2008 election go?

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If Pelosi’s strategy doesn’t work and the Dems lose, what will be excuse for not holding Trump accountable when they were given a dozen smoking guns to impeach him with?  

“Well, we really wanted to do it and we thought he was guilty as fuck but we didn’t think it would play well with the elections.”

Do you see how fucking bad that sounds, now? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

An online poster by the name of ChickenSandwich knows better than all of them though.  

LOL. The history books will look back on this time and say there once was a guy named ChickenSandwich who posted on the net and he was wrong and dumb as shit.

Let it be written. 

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I like Mueller but he punted. No two ways about it. He should have recommended charges for obstruction of justice, noted that it was against some DOJ policy to indict a sitting president, and let Barr chew on that shit sandwich. 

Instead he gave a corrupt AG a way out to run interference for a corrupt president. Maybe he didn’t expect the AG to be corrupt, but if so he was naive. 

I totally respect Mueller but he wound up fucking this up. Unless trump gets thrown out in 2020 by the voters anyway and agrees to renounce his kingship voluntarily, but my crystal ball is kinda blurry right now.

Edited by JimmyJames

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

I like Mueller but he punted. No two ways about it. He should have recommended charges for obstruction of justice, noted that it was against some DOJ policy to indict a sitting president, and let Barr chew on that shit sandwich. 

Instead he gave a corrupt AG a way out to run interference for a corrupt president. Maybe he didn’t expect the AG to be corrupt, but if so he was naive. 

I totally respect Mueller but he wound up fucking this up. Unless trump gets thrown out in 2020 by the voters anyway and agrees to renounce his kingship voluntarily, but my crystal ball is kinda blurry right now.

It will be interesting to hear his thinking on this when he testifies.

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Great for the Dems but in the meantime a shit ton of people were killed between 2006 and 2011.

This is exactly why Pelosi doesn't need to take a stand. Partisans care more about the game than anything else.

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

Great for the Dems but in the meantime a shit ton of people were killed between 2006 and 2011.

This is exactly why Pelosi doesn't need to take a stand. Partisans care more about the game than anything else.

Yep. The sad reality is you don't get elected without being a partisan. You certainly don't get re-elected.

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Have you played it out if Mueller did recommend charges for obstruction?  His report would have been instantly dismissed as a partisan hit job, Barr would have spun it that way and redacted the shit out of it.  We could be in a worse position.  

All I’m saying is this show isn’t over and my money is still on Mueller eventually getting his man.   Mueller has the scalps of Enron and the Gambino crime family hanging on his wall.  He’s not going to get beaten by a criminal dunce and William Barr.  

If you’re looking for blame, I’d put most of it on Rosenstein who was overseeing Mueller and allowed the farce of the report roll out to go like it did. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Unless you’re Donald Trump or an actual leader like John McCain. 

I was re-reading David Foster Wallace's essay on the McCain2000 campaign. He describes in pretty good detail about what McCain went through in Vietnam from crash to release. 

Lindsey Graham is scum for standing by Donald Trump. So are all the other Republicans who claimed to be friends with McCain but back Donald Trump.

But Lindsey Graham in particular. Utter fucking scum.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Have you played it out if Mueller did recommend charges for obstruction?  His report would have been instantly dismissed as a partisan hit job, Barr would have spun it that way and redacted the shit out of it.  We could be in a worse position.  

All I’m saying is this show isn’t over and my money is still on Mueller eventually getting his man.   Mueller has the scalps of Enron and the Gambino crime family hanging on his wall.  He’s not going to get beaten by a criminal dunce and William Barr.  

If you’re looking for blame, I’d put most of it on Rosenstein who was overseeing Mueller and allowed the farce of the report roll out to go like it did. 

Actually I agree with you here. What he did was probably the best way to go. Which is an indictment of our current state of things. Realpolitik says you’re probably right.