Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

It's cute y'all think Speaker Pelosi accrued all that power, all that money, and all the influence by letting freshman Representatives rock her boat.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's cute y'all think Speaker Pelosi accrued all that power, all that money, and all the influence by letting freshman Representatives rock her boat.  

Who thinks that?

She got her power, money, and influence by being a corrupt piece of shit servant of monied interests.

15 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Who thinks that?

She got her power, money, and influence by being a corrupt piece of shit servant of monied interests.

Un possible she's a democrat..... POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!  As long as it's her people.. you know the ones with money or magazine cover grabbing publicity.

Pelosi is part of the establishment who wants to maintain the status quo. The Clinton/Bush era of corporatism and special interest. She is only against Trumpism because it upsets the traditional paradigm. 

She is part of the reason / problem why we got Hillary Clinton and will only be an obstacle to real structural change.  

• Like 1

She's accumulated $100mm net worth in 40 years of public service under the guise of her husband's fortunately timed "investments" into countless companies under her legislative purview.  And y'all can't suckle up to her enough.  Grow a fucking spine and support a real progressive for once.  I may not agree with AOC or Sanders but at least they have a spine and take on the people they say they do.  

12 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Sanders is a millionaire.  AOC will be multi millionaire before she leaves office...

After decades of service, I have no issue with you accumulating a few million bucks between an overfunded re-elect fund, a book, some speaking tours, etc.  

When your spouse conveniently creates an SFO hedge fund that runs up $100mm on your watch...then yeah...we need to have a talk and any idiot who supports her "progressive banner" is literally on par with a Trump voter in terms of critical thinking skills.  

Honestly,...explain to me how what Pelosi has aggregated is all above board?  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

After decades of service, I have no issue with you accumulating a few million bucks between an overfunded re-elect fund, a book, some speaking tours, etc.  

When your spouse conveniently creates an SFO hedge fund that runs up $100mm on your watch...then yeah...we need to have a talk and any idiot who supports her "progressive banner" is literally on par with a Trump voter in terms of critical thinking skills.  

Honestly,...explain to me how what Pelosi has aggregated is all above board?  

Her votes are all public record. If legislation she favors benefits her husband and herself, her political opponents should by all means point this out. 

When you're speaker, your individual voting record doesn't mean shit.  It's what you force/quash in all the committees and out to the floor that matters.  If your belief system was true, then the chair of Ways & Means or Ethics & Rules would be the most powerful/transparent...not the Speaker.  

Nancy is brilliant because she operated behind the scenes as good as anyone since Tip, maybe ever.  

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

When you're speaker, your individual voting record doesn't mean shit.  It's what you force/quash in all the committees and out to the floor that matters.  If your belief system was true, then the chair of Ways & Means or Ethics & Rules would be the most powerful/transparent...not the Speaker.  

Nancy is brilliant because she operated behind the scenes as good as anyone since Tip, maybe ever.  

And everything she does is open to the public. All of it can be used for political purposes.

Edited by David Dennison

33 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I fucking hate this woman.

People who vote for Democrats are much more moderate than you and I would like. Nancy knows the politics. She can read polls. She's right about the left wing. It's nowhere near the mainstream of the party. The center is moving, though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

People who vote for Democrats are much more moderate than you and I would like. Nancy knows the politics. She can read polls. She's right about the left wing. It's nowhere near the mainstream of the party. The center is moving, though.

Lol...

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

People who vote for Democrats are much more moderate than you and I would like.

Yes, that's true, but what service is she doing anyone by being constantly hostile to the most energetic and motivated part of her caucus? Is that what the supposed "moderate" voters want? Are Dem voters clamoring for Nancy to tell these young women to go fuck themselves?

No way in hell. It's the donor base that hates these young women, not the voter base.

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

She's accumulated $100mm net worth in 40 years of public service under the guise of her husband's fortunately timed "investments" into countless companies under her legislative purview.  And y'all can't suckle up to her enough.  Grow a fucking spine and support a real progressive for once.  I may not agree with AOC or Sanders but at least they have a spine and take on the people they say they do.  

If so, then there should be an easy link to some of those transactions.  Or are you saying she bought off regulators and prosecutors for 40 years?  

You are saying she engaged in illegal stock manipulation.  OK.  Let's see proof.   And what the fuck does countless companies under her legislative purview mean exactly?    I'm assuming that you mean that as a Chair of a Committee with oversight of a specific industry - like oil and gas (Energy) - her hubs got rich because of timing of buy/sell transactions with foreknowledge of regulatory or anti-regulatory actions of her committee.   

Spill.

Edited by Gatorubet

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

Dude.  Over 40 years?  What was the original investment amount - and when and how much did it increase?   If the Dow was 900 when she took office and is now 20 times that, I can see how her husband's hedge fund do well. 

starship-troopers-wyltkm.jpg

Yes, I would.  I'm happy to be educated, but that is a big claim you are making.

Edited by Gatorubet

13 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I fucking hate this woman.

The hold the center is a lie. It is a maintain the status quo. Most Americans are left of center when you ask specific policy positions (e.g. social safety net, gun control, healthcare)

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting in her office with its panoramic view of the National Mall, Ms. Pelosi — the de facto head of the Democratic Party until a presidential nominee is selected in 2020 — offered Democrats her “coldblooded” plan for decisively ridding themselves of Mr. Trump: Do not get dragged into a protracted impeachment bid that will ultimately get crushed in the Republican-controlled Senate, and do not risk alienating the moderate voters who flocked to the party in 2018 by drifting too far to the left.

Garbage ass party. 

Did House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., just jump the shark? By stating unequivocally that Attorney General William Barr lied to Congress and adding, as if for emphasis, that it is a crime, Pelosi may have thought she was just getting in front of her herd of angry Democrats. But inadvertently, the speaker also revealed, in stark relief, a disturbing new trend in our politics: If you don't tell Congress what it wants to hear, then you are by default lying and, hence, a criminal.

https://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/Did-Nancy-Pelosi-just-jump-the-shark-13819531.php

I'm still waiting for her outrage about Clapper lying to Congress about mass domestic surveillance.

• Like 1

I'm okay with Pelosi exercising caution. I do fully believe Dotard has committed several impeachable offenses, but we all know that right now impeachment is solely a symbolic gesture. While it would indeed put every Republican on record as being on the wrong side of history by standing by Dotard, I do not see the time as being right yet to move forward with this.

Let the People's House commence and continue their current investigations into him. Put all of the evidence on the table about everything he has done. I think Pelosi is on the right track here. She is going to slow burn this asshole and his sycophants and I find that strategy to be a good one.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The world's smartest cop, watching a bank robbery in progress: "Heh, arresting them is exactly what they WANT us to do!"

In your example, the bank robbers and cops know the current jury will let them walk free, and keep the money they stole.