Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

Pelosi is basically controlled opposition at this point.  She keeps playing Trump’s game and letting him dictate the environment.  The sad thing is Pelosi could go hard as fuck right now, even in a losing cause and everyone would forget about it before the Iowa primaries.  

She’s just reconfirming what everyone already hates about the democrats.  Weakness.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pelosi is basically controlled opposition at this point.  She keeps playing Trump’s game and letting him dictate the environment.  The sad thing is Pelosi could go hard as fuck right now, even in a losing cause and everyone would forget about it before the Iowa primaries.  

She’s just reconfirming what everyone already hates about the democrats.  Weakness.

That's not what she's doing. She's letting him hang himself. She's much better at politics than you or Donald Trump.

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's not what she's doing. She's letting him hang himself. She's much better at politics than you or Donald Trump.

She’s good at losing and getting walked all over.  She needs a permission slip from the GOP to govern and she all but says this publicly. Trump has been hanging himself for years, and yet nothing.   Law enforcement has reported Trump’s crimes to not only Pelosi but to the entire world and the world can see she’s not equipped to take a stand for truth and justice. 

Sad!

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She’s good at losing and getting walked all over.  She needs a permission slip from the GOP to govern and she all but says this publicly. Trump has been hanging himself for years, and yet nothing.   Law enforcement has reported Trump’s crimes to not only Pelosi but to the entire world and the world can see she’s not equipped to take a stand for truth and justice. 

Sad!

You’re in the wrong Pelosi thread that you started...

Edited by EuroHorn

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Sad!

If Donald Trump is re-elected and the Democrats lose the House, you will be right. If, however, the Democrats hold the house and a Democrat wins the White House, she will have gotten the politics exactly right.

If the Donald gets re-elected and the Democrats hold the House, it's a push.

Impeachment is about politics, not justice. Don't forget that.

Just now, David Dennison said:

If Donald Trump is re-elected and the Democrats lose the House, you will be right. If, however, the Democrats hold the house and a Democrat wins the White House, she will have gotten the politics exactly right.

Impeachment is about politics, not justice. Don't forget that.

Impeachment is a political process but it’s not necessarily about politics.  Things like national security and preventing a renegade president from declaring himself dictator isn’t about how many seats you can pick up in the next election. It’s about making sure there is a next election that is free and fair. 

I want Pelosi to prove me wrong.  I hope she has some master plan but from what I see she’s playing this horribly wrong.  If she’s not going to lead she should at least be cranking up the heat and publicly calling out the cowardice of the Republicans.  Challenge them. Ask them what they stand for?  How do they want history to judge them?  Because they’re about to have to sign their names next to the crimes of Donald Trump and history will not forget. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Impeachment is a political process but it’s not necessarily about politics.  Things like national security and preventing a renegade president from declaring himself dictator isn’t about how many seats you can pick up in the next election. It’s about making sure there is a next election that is free and fair. 

I want Pelosi to prove me wrong.  I hope she has some master plan but from what I see she’s playing this horribly wrong.  If she’s not going to lead she should at least be cranking up the heat and publicly calling out the cowardice of the Republicans.  Challenge them. Ask them what they stand for?  How do they want history to judge them?  Because they’re about to have to sign their names next to the crimes of Donald Trump and history will not forget. 

All of that is already happening. 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

All of that is already happening. 

What is also happening is Trump feeling emboldened and pushing the envelope to remove every guardrail that might check his authority.   Until Pelosi forcefully pushes back, Trump isn’t going to stop.  The longer Pelosi allows this to go on, the greater Trump’s position strengthens and Pelosi’s weakens.  Like the Republican Party, she’s allowing herself to be subverted. 

34 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

To go from the blue wave of 2018 to status quo in 2020 is not a "push", it's a humiliating loss. But we're talking about the Democrats led by Pelosi and Schumer, so humiliating defeat is the name of the game.

"NANCY IS PLAYING 5D CHESS!"

Article from November 4, 2016:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/calm-down-well-be-fine-no-matter-who-wins/2016/11/04/e5ca3c32-a2d3-11e6-a44d-cc2898cfab06_story.html

Donald Trump was right when he said the system is rigged, but not in the way he meant. It isn’t rigged against him. He’s part of the ecosystem of media, political consultants, producers, politicians and propagandists that are rigged against The People — and it’s working just fine. Everyone’s in on the same game, which is essentially to ensure that The People gobble up what they’ve been serving — and what they’re serving is resentment, fear and anger.

Sure, people were upset about stuff. But what we feel now was mass-produced by a propaganda industry that profits most when people are worked up.

You want a good money tip? Invest in outrage. 

As Nov. 9 dawns, Americans are sure to be mad as hell. Those happy with the victor will be re-angry soon enough when they realize they won’t be getting what they were promised. This is the good news. Thanks to the brilliance of our tripartite government, nobody gets to be dictator. And despite what nearly everyone seems to believe, our “broken government” works pretty well most of the time.

If Trump wins, he’ll be held more or less in check by the House and Senate because that’s the way our system of government is set up. Not even Republicans are eager to follow Trump’s lead. 

There won’t be a wall. He won’t impose any religion-based immigration restrictions, because even Trump isn’t that lame-brained. He’ll dress up and behave at state dinners and be funny when called upon. He’ll even invite the media to the White House holiday party. He won’t nuke Iran for rude gestures. He won’t assault women. He and Vladimir Putin will hate each other, respectfully. 

If Hillary Clinton wins, she’s not going to suddenly become a lunatic. As a senator, she worked across the aisle and earned the admiration of her colleagues. She’ll manage the military because she, like Trump, honors the troops and they know it. She’ll make sure her Supreme Court appointments will protect Roe v. Wade, but otherwise, the jury’s always out. Justice David Souter, now retired, and Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. both demonstrated the box-of-chocolates rule: You never know (exactly) what you’ll get. 

The same, alas, can be said about both Clinton and Trump. Whatever they’ve projected or promised won’t be reflected in the reality of the presidency. It never is. Whatever they may wish to be, the president is only one-third of the equation — granted, with an armed force. 

On 5/12/2019 at 11:25 AM, bad_teammate said:

To go from the blue wave of 2018 to status quo in 2020 is not a "push", it's a humiliating loss. But we're talking about the Democrats led by Pelosi and Schumer, so humiliating defeat is the name of the game.

"NANCY IS PLAYING 5D CHESS!"

So the Republicans had a humiliating loss in 2012?

You sure?

11 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Can you enlighten us on all this great shit she's doing to end the fake National Emergency?

She can't end it without the courts, so the House has sued. Now we wait. She can't enact legislation without the Senate and president, so good luck.

Do you want her to hold her breath, or what?

8 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

She seems pretty impotent, at this point.  Very, very disappointing. 

I hope Steny's comments yesterday about no contempt votes this month was off the mark. People should be paying fines or sitting in the House jail at this point.

2 minutes ago, retread said:

I hope Steny's comments yesterday about no contempt votes this month was off the mark. People should be paying fines or sitting in the House jail at this point.

As a practical matter, how does the House sergeant at arms arrest someone with a full time security detail?

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

She can't end it without the courts, so the House has sued. Now we wait. She can't enact legislation without the Senate and president, so good luck.

Do you want her to hold her breath, or what?

I want her to get a parade of dotard’s enablers in front of the House committees and grill them until the cows come home.  I want her to make their lives complete living hell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I want her to get a parade of dotard’s enablers in front of the House committees and grill them until the cows come home.  I want her to make their lives complete living hell.

This is almost the least she could do.