22-23 Fantasy League

Baboontyme

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i only have a phone so i can’t check on a computer, can you tell me which rounds you have walker kessler and chet homgren? iirc kessler was an FA add and Chet was picked in round 16 or 17.

Holm was a 17th and Kessler was drafted in the 16th orginally by I'm Rick James Bitch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

can someone remind me- is this the thing where our keepers get drafted in the first two rounds, and then we just don’t have a pick whenever their selected round comes up?

I think Rex was working on locking the keepers into their specific draft slot. That way we don't have any of the same BS we've had previously having to stop the draft so frequently. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

can someone remind me- is this the thing where our keepers get drafted in the first two rounds, and then we just don’t have a pick whenever their selected round comes up?

Keepers will get taken out of the available players pool and when it hits the round they are being kept it automatically will skip the pick. 

Rick James is the only returning player I don’t have keepers for unless I missed it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Keepers will get taken out of the available players pool and when it hits the round they are being kept it automatically will skip the pick. 

Rick James is the only returning player I don’t have keepers for unless I missed it. 

i just texted him, he’s going to keep garland.

7 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

IMG_2887.thumb.png.462304e1f185fa8d228761a318433dc1.png

School for ants size but that is the mobile screenshot of the keepers and rounds

i believe the rule states that keepers have to be round 3 or later. i saw that ball was slated to be a second round pick, and by rule capn would need to pick a different player if that’s correct.

full disclosure: i don’t actually care if he gets lamelo in round 2, that’s just the rule. i’ve been against keepers this whole time anyway lol. 

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i believe the rule states that keepers have to be round 3 or later. i saw that ball was slated to be a second round pick, and by rule capn would need to pick a different player if that’s correct.

full disclosure: i don’t actually care if he gets lamelo in round 2, that’s just the rule. i’ve been against keepers this whole time anyway lol. 

I thought it was this above. It made it 4th rd the highest you would be able to keep the next year for a 3rd. But then I saw what you posted below and wasn’t sure. 

On 10/19/2023 at 9:31 PM, shadow_operative said:

you can keep between 0-2 players from your team, so long as they were drafted after the second round. picks from the top two rounds are off limits. you can hold onto your keepers as long as you want, you just have to draft them one round earlier each year. there was some discussion last season about altering this rule, but i'm not sure we'll have time to hash that out with a majority vote in the next couple of days.

@RexWilson

Just now, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah, some of those keepers are ridiculous lol... So for next year, do you have to draft the player and hold them on your roster all year to be allowed to keep them? Or can you drop them, pick them up later, and still count?

you don’t have to keep them all year. also, their keeper value remains even if you trade them. which reminds me, we should set the trade deadline at some point today. i’m thinking 4-5 weeks before the playoffs? 

Just now, shadow_operative said:

you don’t have to keep them all year. also, their keeper value remains even if you trade them. which reminds me, we should set the trade deadline at some point today. i’m thinking 4-5 weeks before the playoffs? 

Does the keeper status stay with the team that drafted them, or the team acquiring them in trade? 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

The real NBA deadline would be close to that. 

1 hour ago, RexWilson said:

So does @Capn81 need to pick someone other than Lamello?

it would appear so, but if he doesn’t notice in time then it’s all good (for me anyway), because that’s my fault.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Does the keeper status stay with the team that drafted them, or the team acquiring them in trade? 

when you acquire a player you get his keeper status. it definitely makes trading more interesting. 

didn’t even think about it until after the draft, but having picks 60 and 61, i should have taken Ja at 61 instead of 60. cost me a round as a keeper next year. still,

i honestly thought someone was going to take Ja in the fourth. i was so surprised he was there that i just jumped all over making the pick lol. 

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

regular season- $200

1st- $400

2nd- $300

3rd- $100

does this look right?

I think so. I propose bumping first to and second down $100. But I'm not passionate about it. Just feels like champ should get more than 100 more than runner up. 

On 10/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, shadow_operative said:

didn’t even think about it until after the draft, but having picks 60 and 61, i should have taken Ja at 61 instead of 60. cost me a round as a keeper next year.

I did this with Scoot. I took him at 62 instead of 59 to get a better potential keeper round and just rolled the dice that you wouldn't take him. 

I hadn't even though about Ja as a keeper for next season. 

On 10/22/2023 at 7:18 PM, RexWilson said:

Is there strong opposition to moving the IR spots back to 2?  We switched it from 2 to 3 bc of the Covid protocols causing issues. 

Didn't we bump it to 3 last season for some reason? I don't have a problem with 3 but I'm willing to listen to a case for 2.

10 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I propose bumping first to and second down $100. But I'm not passionate about it. Just feels like champ should get more than 100 more than runner up. 

Yes - agreed. Let's do 500/200/100.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

@Dutchrudder pick it up

Screenshot_20231026_164412_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.5eef011e864bc5bf4c6a9aad71021a0d.jpg

I got no keepers, picked 10th, and I thought being first on the waiver wire would net me someone good after the first few games, but apparently the players aren't locked and put on waivers during their games... so I missed a few good ones.  Not used to fantasy NBA, it's a bit of a steep curve. On the bright side, I saw some of the guys the rest of you picked up in this league and got them in my other league, Cam Thomas, Max Strus and Harrison Barnes were all free agents and I snapped them up! First place in that league now :D 

13 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I got no keepers, picked 10th, and I thought being first on the waiver wire would net me someone good after the first few games, but apparently the players aren't locked and put on waivers during their games... so I missed a few good ones.  Not used to fantasy NBA, it's a bit of a steep curve. On the bright side, I saw some of the guys the rest of you picked up in this league and got them in my other league, Cam Thomas, Max Strus and Harrison Barnes were all free agents and I snapped them up! First place in that league now :D 

haha nice, i like it.

I did not realize the IR slots were used in a different menu, I thought they were part of the roster start/bench options. So I added a few guys that might come back and have some value down the road.  Is there any penalty to using the IR slots?  If someone comes back healthy, and I don't have a bench or active spot for them, can I leave them in the IR slot?

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I did not realize the IR slots were used in a different menu, I thought they were part of the roster start/bench options. So I added a few guys that might come back and have some value down the road.  Is there any penalty to using the IR slots?  If someone comes back healthy, and I don't have a bench or active spot for them, can I leave them in the IR slot?

you can leave them in the IR slot but you can’t make any adds/trades until you activate the healthy player who is in the IR slot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Derka sort of explained it, but...

You can only have guys that are tagged either O or IR in your IR slots. You can't throw healthy players or players with a DTD tag in your IR. 

The purpose is to have a slot where you can stash valuable players that might be hurt for a few weeks or couple months or wev. 

ESPN won't let you put random guys that are healthy in the IR slots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks for the info. Another noob question, am I penalized by leaving a guy in my lineup who ends up being ruled out for the game that day? I have Booker, and his status this past week has been day to day,  so I had him in for some games that he didn't end up playing. Should I pull him before the game starts, or does the system recognize he's out and ignore it? 

I realize I could put someone else in his place, but guys like him you always want in if they play. 

On 11/5/2023 at 3:33 PM, Dutchrudder said:

Thanks for the info. Another noob question, am I penalized by leaving a guy in my lineup who ends up being ruled out for the game that day? I have Booker, and his status this past week has been day to day,  so I had him in for some games that he didn't end up playing. Should I pull him before the game starts, or does the system recognize he's out and ignore it? 

I realize I could put someone else in his place, but guys like him you always want in if they play. 

It doesn't hurt your team to have a dead player in the lineup unless of course you have him in your lineup in place of someone who is playing and is sitting on your bench.