007 on Prime. 25 of them.

Augustus

Apologies if this is already known/discussed/whatever.

Prime has 25 of the Bond movies available right now.   Discovered this tonight when I logged into Prime to find something to watch.

So of course I'm watching Dr. No.

Such a great film, and I got a chuckle realizing how absurdly campy this series would become by the time Roger Moore was flying spacecraft around the planet.  They really do teach those MI-6 guys how to do everything.

My favorite part of Dr. No, however, is the brilliant casting decision to have a villain of Chinese descent played by a Canadian-American Jew. The 60's, man.

Ursula Andress is quite pleasing to the eye.  It's not her voice you hear, though.  Her Swiss (German dialect) accent was so thick they had to hire a voice actress to dub her lines.  Man, John Derek had some game.  Married to Ursula Andress, Linda Evans and Bo Derek in succession.  Salut!

If you didn't know about this, I hope you enjoy.  Don't know how long the movies are available but I'm gonna try to knock out all 25.

Edited by Augustus
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Apologies if this is already known/discussed/whatever.
Prime has 25 of the Bond movies available right now.   Discovered this tonight when I logged into Prime to find something to watch.
So of course I'm watching Dr. No.
Such a great film, and I got a chuckle realizing how absurdly campy this series would become by the time Roger Moore was flying spacecraft around the planet.  They really do teach those MI-6 guys how to do everything.
My favorite part of Dr. No, however, is the brilliant casting decision to have a villain of Chinese descent played by a Canadian-American Jew. The 60's, man.
Ursula Andress is quite pleasing to the eye.  It's not her voice you hear, though.  Her Swiss (German dialect) accent was so thick they had to hire a voice actress to dub her lines.  Man, John Derek had some game.  Married to Ursula Andress, Linda Evans and Bo Derek in succession.  Salut!
If you didn't know about this, I hope you enjoy.  Don't know how long the movies are available but I'm gonna try to knock out all 25.

Bond Week on TBS always seemed to be during Finals Week. I love Bond flicks. Own all the Connery ones on DVD/Blu-Ray and most of Roger Moore’s too.

I usually watch the early ones in order. They were my favorite movies of my youth.

As much as I love Connery, my favorite of all of them is On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. Bigger budget, fantastic locations, Diana Rigg is a perfect Tracy, Savalas is a great villain, the bobsled chase, cool gadgets. Lazenby is tolerable; if Connery had done it it would have been hailed as the greatest.

The Roger Moore ones are horrible. The later ones are a mixed bag but generally good.

agree Roger Moore was horrible, BUT he had the greatest line:

After banging some double agent who he knew was a setting him up, he pulls a gun on her and asks who she's working for or something.

She says "you wouldn't kill me after what we just did."

He replies "well, I certainly wouldn't kill you before."

When my brother and I were almost old enough to be left alone, my parents would leave us alone while they went out.  But they would stop at Blockbuster first and pick up a Bond movie for us to watch.  So Bond was kind of my babysitter for a while. 

Also, lately I've read a few of the Ian Fleming books.  Live and Let Die was weird in that there were elements in the book that appeared in different movies.  The movie people seemed to pick and choose scenes from different books to make a movie.  I don't care, though.

2 hours ago, miguelito said:

When my brother and I were almost old enough to be left alone, my parents would leave us alone while they went out.  But they would stop at Blockbuster first and pick up a Bond movie for us to watch.  So Bond was kind of my babysitter for a while. 

Also, lately I've read a few of the Ian Fleming books.  Live and Let Die was weird in that there were elements in the book that appeared in different movies.  The movie people seemed to pick and choose scenes from different books to make a movie.  I don't care, though.

I read all the Bond books as a kid and was constantly amazed at all the shit they changed for the films.

You Only Live Twice is a great book, but only has Japan/Blofeld in common with the film.

22 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Roger Moore ones are horrible. The later ones are a mixed bag but generally good.

They're much campier but I don't think they're horrible by any stretch. Roger Moore was also my first exposure to Bond so I'm probably biased a little.

I think Pierce Brosnan was a great Bond but those movies other than GoldenEye are pretty shitty.