Texas Women’s Basketball 2022-2023: Get on board or get out the damn way

Pancho

Just now, D3zii said:

Well we may not know where we are exactly with Harmon out but we know we’re not at that level yet. 

still think this is a good team 

It is. Get Rori back, get everyone used to Vic's style of play, we will be fine.

Wish we had another guard - ball handler - three point shooter.

We miss Matharu.

The fouls are nearly identical at 15-13, so I don’t think the entirety of this game is the refs. 

I think it’s more to do with Rori out. 

$5 says we meet UConn again in the tournament, but I bet they’ll get shipped to Greenville and not Seattle. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This loss doesn’t bug me. No Rori, no chance. Surprised we kept it close, tbh 

Had to keep up at work, but sounds like they came back a little at the end?

Not playing UConn in Storrs would be stupid, especially if you can get them on a H/H schedule which they’ve been doing more and more of lately. It’s no different if we would have gone to Souf Carolina, Tennessee, or Stanford. We lost because Rori wasn’t out there. If she was and we won, would people be bitching? 

Where I would get angry would be playing UConn in teh S16 or EE in Hartford. That would definitely make me angry as a head coach.

46 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Had to keep up at work, but sounds like they came back a little at the end?

Not playing UConn in Storrs would be stupid, especially if you can get them on a H/H schedule which they’ve been doing more and more of lately. It’s no different if we would have gone to Souf Carolina, Tennessee, or Stanford. We lost because Rori wasn’t out there. If she was and we won, would people be bitching? 

Where I would get angry would be playing UConn in teh S16 or EE in Hartford. That would definitely make me angry as a head coach.

So, you sound like you didn't even watch the game "sounds like they came back a little at the end?"   I know that "not playing in Storrs would be stupid" was meant for me, but please don't call me stupid.   Sounds to me like you didn't know if the officiating was fair or not, your remarks seem to indicate you didn't even watch the game.   I'll be nice and not call you stupid.

I feel really bad for Shaylee because she's been with the team all of like, 3 months, and has probably practiced 95% of the time at 2 guard and not running point.  

She really improved from game 1 to 2 in her new role, until Rori comes back. 5 turnovers/1 assist against ULL to 6 assists/5 turnovers against UConn.  Her scoring is taking a hit because she has to spend to much time initiating the offense and bringing the ball up for now. 

Moore is a concern, though she may just be starting slow.  3 points/5 fouls and 11 points/4 fouls. 

Sonya needs the ball more.  Jones needs to play more.  She should start over Gaston. 

The freshman aren't playing like freshman - Jak with 13 points, 3 rebounds and 1 steal in 27 minutes.  Amina 4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and a block in 19 minutes.

We shot 52% overall and 44% from three.  We missed 10 FT, which comes up huge in a 7 point loss.  Looking at you Moore (3-6) and Jones (2-4). 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I feel really bad for Shaylee because she's been with the team all of like, 3 months, and has probably practiced 95% of the time at 2 guard and not running point.  

She really improved from game 1 to 2 in her new role, until Rori comes back. 5 turnovers/1 assist against ULL to 6 assists/5 turnovers against UConn.  Her scoring is taking a hit because she has to spend to much time initiating the offense and bringing the ball up for now. 

Moore is a concern, though she may just be starting slow.  3 points/5 fouls and 11 points/4 fouls. 

Sonya needs the ball more.  Jones needs to play more.  She should start over Gaston. 

The freshman aren't playing like freshman - Jak with 13 points, 3 rebounds and 1 steal in 27 minutes.  Amina 4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and a block in 19 minutes.

We shot 52% overall and 44% from three.  We missed 10 FT, which comes up huge in a 7 point loss.  Looking at you Moore (3-6) and Jones (2-4). 

All of this.

I didn’t realize it but Shaylee played 37 minutes versus UConn. She’s got a different skill set from Rori and under very difficult circumstances she laced them up and didn’t back down. She fought hard for our team and entire the fanbase should appreciate her effort. Thank you Shaylee.

Moore was far more aggressive last night and I didn’t agree with some of the calls going against her. She was only able to stay on the floor for 22 minutes so that hurt her numbers (14 minutes vs Louisiana). Along with the foul trouble the lack of 3 point shooters may be hurting her game, but we only have a small sample size so far. I thought she was going to be this year’s stud but so far Sonya and Taylor look to be our scorers.

If Rori plays or Fudd isn’t on fire we win that game….. or if we don’t miss the 10 FTs.. or if we aren’t playing in Storrs…

I hope we get them again at the end of the year.

Wasn’t a home and home was it?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

All of this.

I didn’t realize it but Shaylee played 37 minutes versus UConn. She’s got a different skill set from Rori and under very difficult circumstances she laced them up and didn’t back down. She fought hard for our team and entire the fanbase should appreciate her effort. Thank you Shaylee.

Moore was far more aggressive last night and I didn’t agree with some of the calls going against her. She was only able to stay on the floor for 22 minutes so that hurt her numbers (14 minutes vs Louisiana). Along with the foul trouble the lack of 3 point shooters may be hurting her game, but we only have a small sample size so far. I thought she was going to be this year’s stud but so far Sonya and Taylor look to be our scorers.

If Rori plays or Fudd isn’t on fire we win that game….. or if we don’t miss the 10 FTs.. or if we aren’t playing in Storrs…

I hope we get them again at the end of the year.

Wasn’t a home and home was it?

Yes, we get them in Moody next year.  It was supposed to be 2021/2022 but we pushed it back to 2022/2023.  Which sucked because it would have been a huge game and the same week as Gonzaga for Moody. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

UConn loses their best player for the year and they still just keep rolling. Maybe one day our program can get there.

Wait, what! Why the self pity?

This is coach's 3rd season right, played in one of the worst cbb venues to sell, producing a conf title & 2 Elite 8's. His teams have proven to be at their peak come March. Recruiting is just getting going for Coach. 

ron-swanson-be-a-man.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/15/2022 at 10:04 PM, Pancho said:

Baylor only beat SMU by 3

Blackwell had a non contact knee injury in that game. Uh oh

ISU squeaked by powerhouse UNI 88-85. 

But somehow a single loss to UConn without Rori dropped us from a 1 seed to a 3 seed for Crème. That guy is such a tool sometimes 

• Rage+1 1