D2 Championship -- Ferris State vs. *THE* Colorado School of Mines, noon, ESPNU, McKinney TX

Beau Vine

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, Beau Vine said:

MInes is led by 2022 Harlon Hill winner (D2 Heisman) John Matocha, an alum of Magnolia West HS:

In fact, nearly half of the Orediggers' roster is from Texas.  Good crowd in McKinney today, including me and the wife.

How is my $70 million stadium looking these days? 

I was part of the serious opposition to the most expensive stadium, PER SEAT, in the history of North America. 

70$ million divided by 12,000 seats!!!!

I left McKinney in 2018, and sent a goodbye email to the superintendent of MISD.  He was so happy I was leaving he responded to the email with a positive message. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have also been reminded that my niece attended School of Mines for a couple of years, long enough to build up $120,000 in debt.  

Gave up attending during COVID.  

She allegedly wants to be an engineer, and is now living rent free at her aunt's house in SA, working as a shift supervisor full-time at a truck stop. 

She might be debt free by the time she retires. 

I have also been reminded that my niece attended School of Mines for a couple of years, long enough to build up $120,000 in debt.  
Gave up attending during COVID.  
She allegedly wants to be an engineer, and is now living rent free at her aunt's house in SA, working as a shift supervisor full-time at a truck stop. 
She might be debt free by the time she retires. 

To be smart enough to get into Mines and end up working a truck stop takes some grade A fuckery. What’s her favorite drug?

On 12/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, JGrayDBU said:

How is my $70 million stadium looking these days? 

I was part of the serious opposition to the most expensive stadium, PER SEAT, in the history of North America. 

It's nice, but my wife and I both agreed that it wasn't nearly as nice as Katy's.  It was on par with some of the newer San Antonio stadiums (Heroes, Farris, etc).