2023 Surly Roto League

txhorns

On 6/19/2023 at 10:57 PM, tokamak said:

I'd like to trade a bat for a front line starter...

since I'm now down to 3 healthy starters, one of whom is old as shit and injury prone.

Just threw out a bunch of offers, hoping to get some action. Willing to trade one of my stud OF for a top SP. Surely someone's gotta be interested.

wow. never seen a day like this in all of my fantasy sports life. wild stuff. sucks that we've only got nine teams, but at least everyone is staying active. or in this case, smashing records for players/numbers traded in one day. 

The derka hg lineup is going to be stacked

2 hours ago, castolon said:

I probably would have accepted that arozarena deal yesterday if I would have gotten there fast enough. I’m sure you’re happier the way it worked out after last night’s news.

I think I offered Arozarena to literally every other owner for a SP, hoping to get a taker. I was down to 3 healthy ones, one of whom is Kershaw who is gonna get shut down at some point. That’s what I get for drafting deGrom. 

weirdest part to me is that there were at least 3 or 4 teams who we offered elly to who just let the offer sit there for days and then expire. luis arraez and hunter brown were often parts of the offer as well. i'll never understand getting an offer for a player like that and just letting it sit. not even a counter offer. just odd to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been defending them, but I might be changing my mind on QS. In this day and age with arm injuries, guys get yanked at the very first sign of trouble after 5 IP. Sooooooo many 5.1 and 5.2 IP starts. Oh he's at 86 pitches and he just threw 2 balls in a row? Get him out of there!

Wins suck, too. Not sure what the answer is.

• Like 2

To me, the fact that relievers get random wins is an argument AGAINST wins. It’s too random. 

Also think it’s dumb that a lot of times a closer will get a BS and a win if his team comes back to win it. Shouldn’t get rewarded for that. 

11 hours ago, tokamak said:

To me, the fact that relievers get random wins is an argument AGAINST wins. It’s too random. 

Also think it’s dumb that a lot of times a closer will get a BS and a win if his team comes back to win it. Shouldn’t get rewarded for that. 

seeing as it's usually the high leverage relievers (set up men and closers) who get the wins i don't see it as being all that random. in the h2h league tonight i got a W from Payamps who pitches a ton of high leverage innings for milwaukee. if he were a sixth inning guy then i probably wouldn't own him, but the fact that he pretty much only appears in late game/close game situations means he's likely to catch some W's here and there, which somewhat makes up for his lack of saves. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...