Garage door replacement cost? Dfw

What’s a reasonable price range for door replacement on two 8x7? Don’t need insulated or anything fancy, just thinking single ply metal. Motors are fine. Just looking for ballpark so I know when to laugh at a quote

From Xactimate - an insurance and construction estimating tool....

Includes: 8' x 7' overhead door, track, hardware, and installation labor.  Labor cost to remove an overhead door and to discard in a job-site waste receptacle.
Excludes: Automatic door opener.
Quality: Non-insulated 24 or 25 gauge steel frame construction, with raised panel design.
Green: LEED considers aluminum and steel doors to be green for being manufactured with a minimum of 25% recycled product.
Note: Pricing reflects local code requirements.  Includes connection to the opener when an opener is already installed.  New overhead doors typically include the bottom panel weather seal but do not include weather stop for the sides or top (see item DOR OHDWS if needed).
Average life expectancy 35 years
Average depreciation 2.86% per year
Maximum depreciation 100%Screenshot2023-06-03124252.png.e95f4a5455689afe60a42a171fd9958e.png

Edited by Elvis
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 5 months later...

Speaking of garage doors...

This vent thing is in the G.D. for a house we are working on.

¿What is it?

There is a grate, so that's obv. to keep squirrels / rats from going IN. Def. not a pet door.

Maybe sawdust ventilation from power tools? Never seen one of these things before. & There is only one.67ccca7eaa73eac56b36335c0d1268b1.jpg

8 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

¿What is it?

There is a grate, so that's obv. to keep squirrels / rats from going IN. Def. not a pet door.

Maybe sawdust ventilation from power tools? Never seen one of these things before. & There is only one.67ccca7eaa73eac56b36335c0d1268b1.jpg

Near the coast? Is it a flood vent?

On 12/1/2023 at 11:00 PM, ROFL BOX said:

¿What is it?

Why don't you ask the client? I assume you did ask them if it was OK to post pictures of their house, right? You could have just asked them what that thing is in the same conversation.

Why don't you ask the client? I assume you did ask them if it was OK to post pictures of their house, right? You could have just asked them what that thing is in the same conversation.
It was there when he moved in ~3 years ago.

Are you suggesting that anyone in Travis County can identify this house by 1 single garage door pic?

I still have pictures of your window screens, however I think you moved.