Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Huh. I am seeing us at 61 and them at 60. If we win and they draw…we win.

They ain’t drawing though.

Correct, hence "now."   If they'd had poured on more the story would've changed.

41 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Correct. We’re still +1. An Arsenal win and a City draw puts us +2 and makes us champs. 

But West Ham getting anything out of that match is as likely as me getting an ousux tattoo.  

image.gif

Imagine how good StarMan (he's no longer a boy... he's all grow'ds up now) would be if the refs called fouls against him they way they would any other key member of the England team instead of letting opponents kick the hell out of his legs every match.

refuse to believe there is more than 0.01% chance City drops points today and Arsenal wins.    I’m not going to believe there is a real chance unless west ham somehow gets up by 2 goals.   IF that happens, then I’ll believe there is an actual path to the title.  

yeah, i’ve never experienced anything like this. it’s the final day of the season, the league championship is on the line, and yet my team can win 10-0 and it still might not (will not) matter. city would need two red cards in the first 10 minutes for me to be hopeful, and let’s be honest, even if they tried to get two early reds the officials wouldn’t have the spine to call it. such a weird, hopeless, helpless feeling when my team is technically playing a game today with a chance to win the title.

Great season guys. Really enjoyed how you were able to keep such a sound defensive shape but still attack with such fluidness. 

I’ve lived this shit the better part of 8 years (it absolutely took a toll on our players, coaches, and supporters). The good news is I think Pep will be gone in 1-2 years and maybe City will eventually have to face the 115 charges before the sun melts the polar ice caps and we all die. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just got around to watching from Sunday, had a family emergency this weekend. Bummer, but no surprise City didn’t drop points.  
We’ve grown so much this year compared to last year’s run in.   Like everyone else, I’m so ready for ext season.   Arteta’s project is going to be something special.