Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I don't know that anybody is going to take down a fully armed and operational ManC anyway, but this is a big win to at least stay in it.

Yep. This team is too flawed to win it all this year most likely, but at least these gives us another week or so of hope.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll say it: I was nervous about this one, esp with Jesus out. What a performance outside of the final 30 seconds of the 1H. We scored all four. Should have scored at least two before the break. Withstood their push to start the second, Martinelli got a beautiful winner, then we saw out the remainder of the match before Trossard’s clincher. All around, a damn good performance and exactly what we needed. 

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I don't know that anybody is going to take down a fully armed and operational ManC anyway, but this is a big win to at least stay in it.

100%.

4 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Cry, bitch. Carra when Liverpool win: “Look at Klopp’s passion! You have to love it!!!” Carra when Liverpool lose: “You must silently walk off the pitch so as to not hurt my feelings any further.” 

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

These 2 and MO need to be the starting midfield going forward 

Rice and Jorg were outstanding today. Bossed midfield. 

Let’s go, you Gunners!!! Lets. Fucking. Go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Post-match Arteta said Zinny told them he “felt something” in his calf, and that’s why he subbed him for Kiwior. Like you, I thought it was a proactive tactical switch, instead of waiting for an error to pull him. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. 

Edited by Dutch

Post-match Arteta said Zinny told them he “felt something” in his calf, and that’s why he subbed him for Kiwior. Like you, I thought it was a proactive tactical switch, instead of waiting for an error to pull him. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. 

It’s an Arsenal starter going into the last 3 months of the season.

The amputation below the knee will be scheduled for Wednesday.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 2/11/2024 at 8:48 AM, Buzzrock said:

It’s been a minute since we’ve thrown someone a beating like this.

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Almost erased all of Liverpools GD advantage, Aresneal made up 6 goals in the last 2 matches.

Yup. We're now level on GD with Shitty and one behind Liverpool. Very, very nice fringe benefit. 

IIRC we have something like the most xG in Europe or somewhere near the top five.  Damn nice to see some of that getting converted.  The West Ham & Villa losses, we had a massive xG advantage but couldn't convert.  

Also, I was very gruntled to see the lads pumped to keep the clean sheet. Fewest GA in the League so far.  Just need to keep converting the xG.

i’ve been thinking, and reading up on some stuff, and i’ve come to the conclusion that kai havertz is eventually going to become a very very good player for Arsenal. he wouldn’t be the first player to ever have a slow first season before everything clicks, and the more i learn about arteta’s vision and tactics, the more kai havertz seems like a perfect fit. i say he becomes an important player for us, one who the fans come to love and appreciate.

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i’ve been thinking, and reading up on some stuff, and i’ve come to the conclusion that kai havertz is eventually going to become a very very good player for Arsenal. he wouldn’t be the first player to ever have a slow first season before everything clicks, and the more i learn about arteta’s vision and tactics, the more kai havertz seems like a perfect fit. i say he becomes an important player for us, one who the fans come to love and appreciate.

I read this post to a Chelsea fan buddy of mine just now.

His response

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

So guess we will hope to see it....

players have talent, it’s up to the manager to get the most out of them. some statistical analysis metric similar to WAR ranked francis coquelin as the second worst player in all of the bundesliga, just about a year before he became one of our most important players. 

kai havertz is a very talented and intelligent player with size and versatility. to this point his problem is that he doesn’t have a position. well, now he’s here at Arsenal under arteta who seems to be creating Positional Play 2.0, where you don’t have to have a position. when you look at the recruitment of new players under arteta he either looks for guys have specific strengths in holes we need filled, or more often for guys who are a)comfortable on the ball and b)who can play multiple positions. 

if/when kai truly gets his feet under him at arsenal he will become our swiss army knife. i have zero doubts about his ability and his IQ. in my mind the only question is if mentally he will be able to make the strides needed to fulfill his talent. he’s found the perfect home in this system with this manager. he doesn’t need to have a position to thrive at arsenal. he needs time, and confidence.

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

any specific article you read?

this is the most recent thing i’ve come across which has influenced this opinion:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1