Someone fucked up a block, we can’t figure out who

Longhornlove

I've watched this a thousand times and can't say anything with certainty.

One would think Banks should combo to Mike, Helm would zone inside to the backer over him, and AD would take his man wherever he wants to go.

Edited by JBJ

This is good stuff. Thanks for dragging me into it. I’d like to know the true answer.

It’d be foolish to leave the MLB unblocked. Was that Sanders guy? Was it Banks off the double? Was it Campbell?

The play could be designed to go right, but Brooks can probably see that’s trouble. Wide left is dumb because you’ve got Mitchell with two guys.

Good shit on Mitchell not being able to get inside. Yes, Mitchell can easily get inside that dude. He’s lined up on his inside

The screenshots fooled you punks. Believe it was Longhornslove that introduced the shadow of the CB. If Mitchell goes out wide, he’s the only one going with him. So he’s tight to give an extra blocker with no additional defenders. If you’d count bodies, you see we’ve got 10, they’ve got 9.

Y'all, none of this really should matter leading into the Alabama game.. .Not like we have an interior O-line capable of giving QE time to launch the deep ball... It's going to have to be short to intermediate passing for us to win. Otherwise, we'll be 3 and out and our D will be gassed by halftime.
Honestly don't know why we don't run a bit more HUNH on them and get them gassed early. I'd like to see if that opens the run game up.

At the end of the day

Rushed for more yrds than opener of 22

134-158 (even after top 2 rbs went to nfl)

Threw for more yrds

249-300

Didnt score as much but didnt block a punt in 23…. and brooks dropped a td out of the backfield.   

Week 2 is the measuring stick

and dont ask me why this is all double spaced??????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Had Enough said:

This is good stuff. Thanks for dragging me into it. I’d like to know the true answer.

It’d be foolish to leave the MLB unblocked. Was that Sanders guy? Was it Banks off the double? Was it Campbell?

The play could be designed to go right, but Brooks can probably see that’s trouble. Wide left is dumb because you’ve got Mitchell with two guys.

Good shit on Mitchell not being able to get inside. Yes, Mitchell can easily get inside that dude. He’s lined up on his inside

The screenshots fooled you punks. Believe it was Longhornslove that introduced the shadow of the CB. If Mitchell goes out wide, he’s the only one going with him. So he’s tight to give an extra blocker with no additional defenders. If you’d count bodies, you see we’ve got 10, they’ve got 9.

There can be a variety of tags attached to a split zone run that make things uncertain.  I can't really think of one that doesn't leave some combination of these assignment groupings, however.

I think the most likely scenario is Banks misheard the point call.  And that Mitchell was expecting help from Helm, but that the LB is in that ambiguous zone where Helm is considered covered without actually having the LB on the line (i.e. he can't punch the DE outside without risking the LB blowing up the play.)

image.thumb.png.e7b7508f9b845370124feab49480fc16~4.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

We often run out of this formation (or something close to it) where JT (or whoever is lined up there) insert blocks between AD and Helm. I wonder if Helm thought that was the play.

e.g.

I'd just like to say this post by Legit really fucked up my work schedule this afternoon... Instead of focusing on the task at hand, I gloriously relived the trouncing of those fucksticks north of the Red River... hour and a half gone... 

19 hours ago, Had Enough said:

JFC this site is filled with fucking idiots. Please, one more person take my comments out of context. Go back and re-read what I was responding to in the post. I've Had Enough.

JFC this site is filled with fucking idiots. Please, one more person take my comments out of context. Go back and re-read what I was responding to in the post. I've Had Enough.

What are you getting worked up over?

I credited you for identifying the missing defender. If you were not that person, I apologize.

That defender is critical for a couple of reasons.

6 hours ago, JBJ said:

There can be a variety of tags attached to a split zone run that make things uncertain.  I can't really think of one that doesn't leave some combination of these assignment groupings, however.

I think the most likely scenario is Banks misheard the point call.  And that Mitchell was expecting help from Helm, but that the LB is in that ambiguous zone where Helm is considered covered without actually having the LB on the line (i.e. he can't punch the DE outside without risking the LB blowing up the play.)

image.thumb.png.e7b7508f9b845370124feab49480fc16~4.png

braveheartmakeup.jpg