Maryland vs. UVA - Football Experience

Texas Wahoo

On the heals of attending the game at Bama, I am on a bit of a football high and planning on taking my 3 year old to his first football game tomorrow night when UVA travels to Maryland.  I would have loved to take him to Bama, but figured the flights and tailgating would have been way to much for him.  This seems like a better starter game.

They will be playing at their real stadium on campus and not the monstrosity in Landover that the Texas game was at, so I have no experience with the immediate area or gameday experience.  Has anyone been there and have any thoughts on parking, any issues with bringing a small child, wearing visitor's gear, etc.?

My guess is that UVA will get trounced, as they have looked awful and Maryland is 14.5 point favorites, but it should be fun to check out the stadium and let my son enjoy the experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh yeah, you don't want to go to Maryland football as a visitor. Prepare to be yelled at, spit on, have batteries thrown at you. Assaulted on the way to and from the game. Your child will be sold into slavery.

Tickets are going for $8, so they are super pumped about this game.

image.thumb.png.0046e152535804b07d929b75054f698d.png

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Oh yeah, you don't want to go to Maryland football as a visitor. Prepare to be yelled at, spit on, have batteries thrown at you. Assaulted on the way to and from the game. Your child will be sold into slavery.

Tickets are going for $8, so they are super pumped about this game.

image.thumb.png.0046e152535804b07d929b75054f698d.png

I'd love to see an Ohio St- Maryland game then